Cheap Christmas drinks 2013
Do you want to save this article to read later? You need to be signed in for this feature
Now is the time to take advantage of the various cheap deals on festive drinks to stock up in time for Christmas.
To help you save a few pounds this Christmas and still get suitably merry, here are some of the top deals on both alcoholic and soft drinks at the moment.
Champagne and bubbly
- One of the cheapest bottles of bubbly you can buy is a 750ml Bucks Fizz from Asda for £2.10. Sainsbury's has a slightly more expensive version at £2.29 or a Taste the Difference bottle for £3.05.
- At Sainsbury's you can buy a 375ml bottle of Taste the Difference Prosecco for £5, from £5.79.
- At Aldi you can pick up a bottle of 750ml Belletti Prosecco for £5.99.
- Asda has several bottles of prosecco for under £10. You can pick up a bottle of Martini Prosecco for £7, Fillipop Sansovino Prosecco for £6 or Asda Extra Special Prosecco for £6.50.
- If Cava is more your choice, Asda is selling Cava Demi Sec Spain for £5.25 but at Tesco the same bottle is £4.99.
- Tesco has also dropped the price on its Finest Vintage Cava and the Cordorniu NV Brut Cava to £6.99 from £8.99.
- Tesco is selling a bottle of Andre Carpentier Brut Champagne for £12.99, down from £25.99. A 750ml bottle of Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Champagne will set you back £14.99, down from £29.99.
- If you're hosting for a group of people, the 1.5L of Taste the Difference Prosecco from Sainsbury's will come in handy for £13.99, from £18.99. Aldi is also selling a 1.5L bottle of Prosecco for £15.99.
- At Asda you can buy a bottle of Heidsieck Blue Top Dry Monopole Champagne for £15, from £28.98.
- Lanson Black Label Champagne is cheapest at Tesco for £21.99, until December 17th. At Asda it's £22, and £25.99 at Waitrose, until January 2nd.
- Bottles of 750ml Moet & Chandon Brut Imperial Rose Champagne have been reduced to £30 at Tesco and Asda from £39.99. They're also priced at £25 per bottle, from £32.49, at Morrisons.
- Pick up a bottle of Casillero del Diablo Sauvignon Blanc for £5, down from £8, at Asda or a Isla Negra Chardonnay from Chile for £4, down from £6. You can also take advantage of bottles of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc for £8 at Asda.
- The sparkling Oyster Bay is cheaper at Waitrose with bottles on sale for £10.49, from £13.99.
- At Sainsbury's bottles of Le Pont St Jean Minervois and Mondelli Pinot Grigrio are on offer at three for £12.
- Aldi has a large selection of bottles for less than £5 including, Estevez Reserva Sauvignon Blanc for £4.99, Budavar Chardonnay for £3.49, Kooliburra Australian Chardonnay for £3.99 or Castellore Pinot Grigrio for £4.39.
- At M&S there are some good bargains to be had on wine. A party mix case of six Chablis 2010 is reduced to £47.94, from £65.94 and a case of six Pinot Grigio Venezia 2012 is down to £32.97, from £65.94.
- Tesco has also cut the price of some of its wines by 50% such as Il Capo Pinot Grigio for £5.49, from £10.99, Calvet Heritage Cotes du Rhone for £5.99, from £11.99 and Mcguigan Bin 218 Chardonnay Viognier for £5.49 down from £10.99.
- Morrisons has a number of offers, such as two for £12 on bottles of Campo Viejo Rioja and 40% off mixed cases of wine. You'll also get 15% off your first order of wine at the Morrisons Cellar.
- Waitrose has slashed the price of certain whiskies, such as Ballantine's Finest Scotch Whisky for £17, from £20, Bell's Original Blended Scotch Whisky for £17, from £22 and Green Spot Irish Whisky for £30, from £36.45
- Over at Asda bottles of Baileys Chocolate Luxe are priced at £15, down from £18, while Campari is down to £14, from £15.50, Drambuie is at £20, from £25, and Kahlua has been knocked down to £12, from £17.50.
- Tesco has reduced the price on a number of spirits. Bottles of Plymouth Gin are down to £20, from £24.99, Captain Morgan spiced rum is £14 per bottle, down from £17.70, Glenfiddich Single Malt Whiskey is £27, from £34.80 and Smirnoff Vanilla is now priced at £13 from £17.50.
- At Sainsbury's a bottle of Jagermeister has been cut to £12.50, from £21.50 while mango, apple and raspberry flavoured Sourz are now £7, from £13.
Beer, lager and cider
- If it's beer you're after, Sainsbury's has a three for £5 offer on bottles of Batemans English B Bock Beer and Batemans Mocha Coffee and Chocolate. Packs of 20 Becks bottles are priced at £10, down from £15 and you can buy two packs of four Birra Moretti Lagers for £8. Bottles of Thatchers Cider are reduced to £1.75, from £2.19 in a selection of flavours.
- Asda has knocked down the price of many of its individual beer bottles. You can get any four bottles for £5 on Fuller's Organic Honey Dew Golden Beer, George Gale & Co HSB Ale, Oxfordshire Ales Marshmellow and Potten Brewery Shambles Ale. Bottles of Kopparberg are discounted as well and you can buy three for £5 in a range of flavours.
- At Tesco four-packs of Asahi beer are on a two for £7 deal and you can buy three packs of 10 Budweiser bottles for £20. You can also pick up three single bottles of Aspall Draught Suffolk Cyder for £5 or two packs of six Bulmers no17 Cider for £16.
If you need to stock up on soft drinks, there are still bargains to be had.
- At Sainsbury's packs of 12 Coca Cola cans are on a two for £7 offer and two-litre bottles of R Whites lemonade are now £1, down from £1.29. Bottles of 500ml of Sprite are included in a two for £2 deal and bottles of Lilt are priced at two for £3.
- Asda has dropped the price on bottles of Dr Pepper, Fanta and Lilt and they're all included in a two for £3 deal.
- Over at Tesco there are some good bargains on fresh juices. Tropicana cartons are included in a three for £4 deal in a range of flavours such as apple, grapefruit, red grape, pineapple and orange. Ocado has cut the price of Innocent juices and you can get an apple or orange juice for £2.99 each or two for £4.