Top new cashback website from Kate Thornton to rival Quidco and TopCashback new cashback website from Kate Thornton to rival Quidco and TopCashback

Kate Thornton has launched a new cashback website called We see how it stacks up.

Reena Sewraz

Saving and Making Money

Reena Sewraz
Updated on 11 January 2016

TV star Kate Thornton, best known for fronting the X Factor and Loose Women, has launched a new cashback website. is aimed at women and is set to rival the likes of TopCashback and Quidco.

It’s the brainchild of Edd Royal who enlisted Thornton’s help to create his vision of a more upmarket cashback website that was tailored to women.

Thornton has enlisted 11 celebrity pals, including all the members of girl group All Saints, Denise Van Outen, Amanda Byram and Tamzin Outhwaite, to help make the site stand out with original content. But is it any good?

How it compares has some tough competition from well established websites Quidco and TopCashback. Here’s how they all stack up. has a mix of 500 high street and online brands on board, as well as around 50 smaller businesses that are female run, led or focused.

Generally, the site takes 20% of the commission from the cashback it gets paid by retailers and passes on the remaining 80% to users. In some cases, 100% of cashback is passed on.

The site also lists voucher codes, exclusive deals and exclusive content tailored to women, including a range of videos, how-to guides and recommendations from Kate’s celebrity team.

Users have to earn a minimum of £5 before they can get a pay-out, which can be to a nominated bank account. says it could save the average family up to £800 a year.


Quidco has been around since 2005. It currently has 4,300 retail partnerships and boasts more than six million users.

The website offers two levels of membership, which both offer 100% cashback to users.

The basic membership is free and is funded by sponsored advertising paid for by Quidco’s retail partners. There’s also Quidco Premium, which includes perks like higher rates of cashback and faster paying merchants in exchange for £5 of your annual cashback earnings.

As well as cashback for shopping online through tracked links it also offers up to 10% cashback when you visit retailers on the high street. You just need to activate the offers online or via the app and then shop with a linked debit or credit card.

Quidco has a service called ClickSnap which pays cashback on certain supermarket spending when you take a picture of your receipt.

You can withdraw cashback directly to your bank account, PayPal account or boost the balance by going for an Amazon gift voucher instead at any time. Payments usually take five days to be processed.

[SPOTLIGHT]Quidco estimates the average family can earn £781 a year using the site.


TopCashback has also been around since 2005. It has five million customers and has partnerships with 4,300 retailers.

Like Quidco, it doesn’t take a share of the commission paid by retailers but has two membership options. The free Classic account allows you to earn 101% cashback, while the Premium account allows members to earn 105% of the commission paid by retailers, in exchange for £5 of your annual cashback earnings.

As well as online cashback, members can earn money back on spends in high street shops with a linked credit or debit card.

You can have any cashback you earn paid into a bank account, PayPal account, donate it to charity or get a bonus by claiming it on gift cards (like Amazon and Love2Shop) or loyalty points (like Clubcard and Avios).

TopCashback also offers Snap & Save, where you can earn cashback on certain supermarket shopping when you upload a picture of your receipt.

Earn cashback from your current account

How the rates compare

Here is how compares to TopCashback and Quidco on rates with some popular retailers.












House of Fraser
















As you can see TopCashback in general pays higher levels of cashback, followed by Quidco. The rates on offer from are much lower in comparison.

Earn cashback from your current account


It’s great to see a new rival in the cashback market in the form of, but for now the rates on offer aren’t enough to make it a disruptor.

However, with Kate Thornton and her celebrity pals on board it may prove more memorable to shoppers.


Earn cashback from your current account

Most Recent