Tesco’s Finest meal deal for two allows shoppers to pick up a main, side, pudding, and choice of wine or soft drink for £12.
Sadly, the price of the meal deal was hiked from £10 earlier this year although Tesco isn’t the only supermarket to do this.
M&S and Co-op have also hiked the price of their respective meal deals, including the popular Dine In deal.
Is the Tesco £12 Finest meal deal good value?
As we mentioned when the price initially changed, Tesco’s Finest meal deal for two still works out cheaper than buying the items separately despite the higher price (although the amount you'll save has obviously fallen).
For example, if you bought ranch steaks with peppercorn butter, chunky chips, chocolate and orange cheesecake slices and a bottle of wine, it would cost £18.75, so you would save nearly £7.
Tesco’s meal deal is still better value than the M&S Dine In deal, however, as you'll only save £4 and M&S doesn't offer any soft drinks or a bottle of wine.
So, if you are after a meal deal then Tesco's offering is still the one to pick if you want the biggest savings.
What’s in the Tesco Finest £12 meal deal?
If you’re interested in the £12 meal deal, you should note the current menu is available until 31 January 2023, according to Tesco’s website.
After this date, the options may change.
It’s worth flagging you’ll need a Clubcard to get this deal for £12.
There are still 10 mains available with portobello mushroom stroganoff and cottage pie among the new additions, while chicken and chorizo stew and smoked salmon gratin are no longer available.
There are still seven options on the sides menu. Lemon and thyme roast potatoes and creamed spinach have been replaced by creamy mash and caramelised onion and cheddar flatbread.
The desserts menu still offers six options. Chocolate profiteroles and lemon cheesecake slices are no longer available, but you can get apple flapjack crumble and sticky toffee pudding.
To see the full list of dishes available under the £12 meal deal, check out the list below.
- Tesco Finest portobello mushroom stroganoff
- Tesco Finest ranch steaks with peppercorn butter
- Tesco Finest chicken legs with mushroom, white wine and tarragon
- Tesco Finest cottage pie
- Tesco Finest beef bourguignon pies
- Tesco Finest beef lasagne
- Tesco Finest chicken tagine
- Tesco Finest pork meatballs in a tomato and chorizo sauce
- Tesco Finest sausage cassoulet
- Tesco Finest chicken in a white wine sauce with leeks
- Tesco Finest peas, leeks and pancetta
- Tesco Finest green vegetable selection
- Tesco Finest chunky chips
- Tesco Finest potato dauphinoise
- Tesco Finest rarebit chips
- Tesco Finest caramelised onion and cheddar flatbread
- Tesco Finest creamy mash
- Tesco Finest tart au citron (two pack)
- Tesco Finest pot au chocolat (two pack)
- Tesco Finest apple flapjack crumble
- Tesco Finest sticky toffee pudding (two pack)
- Tesco Finest chocolate and orange cheesecake slices (two pack)
- Tesco Finest raspberry and cream cheesecake slices (two pack)
- Rose Garnacha from Spain
- Merlot from Chile
- Sauvignon blanc from Chile
- Diet Coke (6x250ml)
- Coca Cola Zero (6x250ml)
- Bottle Green twin pack (2 x 750ml)
Want to find out the latest news affecting your money? Have a look at our dedicated household money section.