Answer a question

13 January 2013

CGT on selling property whilst living overseas

I own a property in the UK which I purchased 10 years ago. For the past 6 years, I have been living in Australia and renting the property out for about £9k per year I am considering selling the property but am keen to understand what my tax bill would be and if I would be better to hold onto the property. The property is currently solely in my name but I had considered putting it into joint name with my husband however given we do not live in the uk, I was under the impression that we would not be eligible for the CGT allowance, only the standard £8k income tax allowance each?

  • REPORT This comment has been reported.

3 Answers


Be the first to answer

Do you want to answer this question? You need to be signed in for this feature

Answer a question

Be the first to ask a question

  • {{ question.title }}

    {{ question.authorName }} On

    {{ question.answerCount }} Answers

Copyright © lovemoney.com All rights reserved.