Answer a question

25 January 2011

Medically unfit for work

My husband has been advised by his gp that he should give up his current job due to ill health. He had been off work since 27th Sept 2010 with a rotator cuff injury to his shoulder and also suffers from rheumatoid arthritis. We would like some help on knowing what to do next, he is still receiving ssp from his employer and has a pension which is frozen as the company stopped this a couple of years ago, so he now had a stakeholder pension. Any help would be great, have rung the citizens advice they just said look on the internet and also spoke to the pensions advisory service who said his pension might be included as income if any benefit he gets is means tested. Never claimed anything before so am at a complete loss. Thanks for any help.

  • REPORT This comment has been reported.

7 Answers


Be the first to answer

Do you want to answer this question? You need to be signed in for this feature

Answer a question

Be the first to ask a question

  • {{ question.title }}

    {{ question.authorName }} On

    {{ question.answerCount }} Answers

Copyright © lovemoney.com All rights reserved.