Can I use a Notice of Correction when I can't financially disassociate myself from someone with a poor credit history?

by scarlett0303 12 January 2012  |  Comments 1 comment  |  Love Love  0 loves

I can't get new credit at the moment as I have a secured loan with an ex partner who is seriously defaulting on his debts. My credit history is pretty good. I rarely pay late and never miss payments. However, I can't financially disassociate from him as I'm not in a position to take out a similar loan to pay it off. Can I use a Notice of Correction to inform people of this and point out my actual history without his being taken into account?


Enjoyed this? Show it some love


Comments (1)

  • MikeGG1
    Love rating 909
    MikeGG1 posted

    You seem to be indicating that you are prepared to fund the loan. If so, try to persuade the loan company to substitute a loan in your sole name for the original loan.

    If his situation is as bad as you indicate, they might do that.

    If you can do that then you will be able to disassociate yourself from him.


    Posted on 12 January 2012 | Love Love  0 loves Report

Post an answer

Sign in or register to post an answer.

Something you're dying to ask... or answer?

Register with to start asking and answering questions on Q&A.

Get started now

Sign in for a better Q&A

Registered already? Great! You can just sign in to ask and answer questions.

Sign in
W3C  Thank you for using One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest