Follow this topicFollow this topic Q&A » Home insurance

Who provides the best contents only insurance

by marisa 20 February 2013  |  Comments 3 comments  |  Love Love  1 love

I need to take out contents insurance but as I rent I don't need home insurance along with it. Who is the best contents only insurer? I don't want to spend a fortune but I don't want to waste money on the cheapest option if it means that claims are never paid out.


Enjoyed this? Show it some love


Comments (3)

  • Arblaster
    Love rating 43
    Arblaster posted


    Posted on 20 February 2013 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • tony5832
    Love rating 1
    tony5832 posted

    I can highly recommend Marks & Spencer home insurance.I have just had to make a major claim and cannot fault the service.

    I was dealt with efficiently and courteously and AXA ( who runs this scheme) paid out within a couple of weeks of my accident.

    Not the cheapest but the most thorough and cost effective.

    Who wants cheapest if they won't settle your claim?

    Posted on 21 February 2013 | Love Love  1 love Report
  • amwell44
    Love rating 77
    amwell44 posted

    Insurers in the UK are regulated and they would not be allowed to stay in business if they didn't pay genuine claims. You get what you pay for in terms of scope of cover, so make sure you compare that and not only price when shopping around for Contents cover.

    Posted on 21 February 2013 | Love Love  0 loves Report

Post an answer

Sign in or register to post an answer.

Something you're dying to ask... or answer?

Register with to start asking and answering questions on Q&A.

Get started now

Sign in for a better Q&A

Registered already? Great! You can just sign in to ask and answer questions.

Sign in
W3C  Thank you for using One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest