Cheap Christmas drinks 2012
Now is the time to take advantage of the various cheap deals on alcoholic and soft drinks to stock up in time for Christmas.
To help you save a few pounds this Christmas and still get suitably merry, here are some of the top deals on both alcoholic and soft drinks at the moment.
Champagne and bubbly
- There’s bubbly on a budget at Waitrose, with this bottle of Premium Bucks Fizz now having a third off and costing just £2.99!
- Meanwhile at Asda, Martini Prosecco will set you back £5. There’s also this Extra Special Mas Miralda Vintage Cava for the same price.
- At Tesco bag this bottle of Cordoniu Brut Vintage Cava for £6.99.
- Sainsbury’s is the place to go if you’re after a bottle of Freixenet Vintage Especial Brut. It’s down to just £6.99 from £13.99.
- For some Oyster Bay Sparkling Cuvee Rosé, order from Ocado, where it’s reduced from £12.99 to £9.74.
- Head to Tesco for some Andre Carpentier Brut Champagne, down from £24 to £15 a bottle.
- Over at Majestic Wines you can get your hands on some Nicolas Feuillatte Vintage 2006 for £20, down from £30.
- If you want some Pierre Darcys Champagne Blanc de Noirs Grande Reserve Brut head to Asda as it’s down from £25.97 to £17.
- Tesco is the cheapest place to find this Moet & Chandon Brut Imperial Non-Vintage Champagne, where it will cost you £24.99. That’s down from £31.99.
- If you want to splash out on some Louis Roederer Brut Premier NV, it’s reduced from £38.99 to £29.24 at Ocado.
Waitrose is offering a third off selected wines this Christmas. What’s more, if you buy six or more bottles of wine or Champagne, you get an additional 5% off.
There’s three for £10 on selected wines at Asda including Arniston Bay, Vina Albali Tempranillo and Three Mills Reserve Red.
Tesco has a bunch of wines on offer at three for £12, including Kumala Pinotage Shiraz, Garland Crest Chardonnay and Echo Falls Merlot.
Majestic Wines is offering 20% off a range of wines from New Zealand, Chile, and Australia.
If you’re boozing on a budget, don’t forget Aldi, which has its wine cellar stocked with wines from a penny pinching £1.39 a bottle!
Waitrose has 20% off a selection of whiskies, including Glenmorangie Ten Year Old Malt for £24.37 (down from £32.50) and Glenfiddich 12-Year Old Special Reserve for £24.60 (down from £32.80)
Asda has a rollback price promotion on a host of different spirits. It’s cheapest if you’re after Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey Whiskey (£18) Mount Gay Rum (£13), and Bombay Sapphire Distilled London Dry Gin (£15).
Tesco has one-litre bottles of The Famous Grouse, Bell's Whisky, Bacardi Oakheart, Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum, Bacardi Superior Rum, Gordon's Gin and Smirnoff Red Vodka for £14. Various 70cl bottles are also £12.
Finally, if you have youngsters coming who love some alcopops, then Tesco is worth a look. There’s two for £5.50 on a load of different drinks including WKD Blue, Bacardi Breezer, and Smirnoff Ice.
Beer, lager and cider
After some ale? Then get yourself over to Ocado where there’s a load of different ales on a four for £6 promotion, including Old Speckled Hen, Badger Brewery and St Austell.
Morrisons is offering a multibuy of three for £19 on cases of Guinness, Stella, John Smith's, Strongbow, Coors Light, Bulmers Pear and Carling.
Sainsbury’s is offering two for £7 on four-packs of Strongbow Pear Cider.
Tesco is offering three for two on a range of beers including Asahi, Leffe and Estrella.
Asda is cheapest for a 20-can crate of Carlsberg at just £10, and also has 10-can packs of Stella, 12-bottle packs of Kronenbourg and 12-bottle packs of Budweiser for £7. It’s also offering two for £3 on a range of different beers and ales including Greene King, Deuchars and Lancaster Brewery.
You can get three 2l bottles for £3 on Coca Cola, Diet Coke, Coke Zero and Cherry Coke over at Tesco.
At Asda there’s a host of 2l bottles of fizzy drinks, including Dr Pepper, Fanta and Lilt, at two for £3.50.
If you love your smoothies head to Ocado where you can nab two 750ml cartons for £5.