Cheap Christmas drinks 2013
Now is the time to take advantage of the various cheap deals on festive drinks to stock up in time for Christmas.
To help you save a few pounds this Christmas and still get suitably merry, here are some of the top deals on both alcoholic and soft drinks at the moment.
Champagne and bubbly
- One of the cheapest bottles of bubbly you can buy is a 750ml Bucks Fizz from Asda for £2.10. Sainsbury's has a slightly more expensive version at £2.29 or a Taste the Difference bottle for £3.05.
- At Sainsbury's you can buy a 375ml bottle of Taste the Difference Prosecco for £5, from £5.79.
- At Aldi you can pick up a bottle of 750ml Belletti Prosecco for £5.99.
- Asda has several bottles of prosecco for under £10. You can pick up a bottle of Martini Prosecco for £7, Fillipop Sansovino Prosecco for £6 or Asda Extra Special Prosecco for £6.50.
- If Cava is more your choice, Asda is selling Cava Demi Sec Spain for £5.25 but at Tesco the same bottle is £4.99.
- Tesco has also dropped the price on its Finest Vintage Cava and the Cordorniu NV Brut Cava to £6.99 from £8.99.
- Tesco is selling a bottle of Andre Carpentier Brut Champagne for £12.99, down from £25.99. A 750ml bottle of Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Champagne will set you back £14.99, down from £29.99.
- If you're hosting for a group of people, the 1.5L of Taste the Difference Prosecco from Sainsbury's will come in handy for £13.99, from £18.99. Aldi is also selling a 1.5L bottle of Prosecco for £15.99.
- At Asda you can buy a bottle of Heidsieck Blue Top Dry Monopole Champagne for £15, from £28.98.
- Lanson Black Label Champagne is cheapest at Tesco for £21.99, until December 17th. At Asda it's £22, and £25.99 at Waitrose, until January 2nd.
- Bottles of 750ml Moet & Chandon Brut Imperial Rose Champagne have been reduced to £30 at Tesco and Asda from £39.99. They're also priced at £25 per bottle, from £32.49, at Morrisons.
- Pick up a bottle of Casillero del Diablo Sauvignon Blanc for £5, down from £8, at Asda or a Isla Negra Chardonnay from Chile for £4, down from £6. You can also take advantage of bottles of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc for £8 at Asda.
- The sparkling Oyster Bay is cheaper at Waitrose with bottles on sale for £10.49, from £13.99.
- At Sainsbury's bottles of Le Pont St Jean Minervois and Mondelli Pinot Grigrio are on offer at three for £12.
- Aldi has a large selection of bottles for less than £5 including, Estevez Reserva Sauvignon Blanc for £4.99, Budavar Chardonnay for £3.49, Kooliburra Australian Chardonnay for £3.99 or Castellore Pinot Grigrio for £4.39.
- At M&S there are some good bargains to be had on wine. A party mix case of six Chablis 2010 is reduced to £47.94, from £65.94 and a case of six Pinot Grigio Venezia 2012 is down to £32.97, from £65.94.
- Tesco has also cut the price of some of its wines by 50% such as Il Capo Pinot Grigio for £5.49, from £10.99, Calvet Heritage Cotes du Rhone for £5.99, from £11.99 and Mcguigan Bin 218 Chardonnay Viognier for £5.49 down from £10.99.
- Morrisons has a number of offers, such as two for £12 on bottles of Campo Viejo Rioja and 40% off mixed cases of wine. You'll also get 15% off your first order of wine at the Morrisons Cellar.
- Waitrose has slashed the price of certain whiskies, such as Ballantine's Finest Scotch Whisky for £17, from £20, Bell's Original Blended Scotch Whisky for £17, from £22 and Green Spot Irish Whisky for £30, from £36.45
- Over at Asda bottles of Baileys Chocolate Luxe are priced at £15, down from £18, while Campari is down to £14, from £15.50, Drambuie is at £20, from £25, and Kahlua has been knocked down to £12, from £17.50.
- Tesco has reduced the price on a number of spirits. Bottles of Plymouth Gin are down to £20, from £24.99, Captain Morgan spiced rum is £14 per bottle, down from £17.70, Glenfiddich Single Malt Whiskey is £27, from £34.80 and Smirnoff Vanilla is now priced at £13 from £17.50.
- At Sainsbury's a bottle of Jagermeister has been cut to £12.50, from £21.50 while mango, apple and raspberry flavoured Sourz are now £7, from £13.
Beer, lager and cider
- If it's beer you're after, Sainsbury's has a three for £5 offer on bottles of Batemans English B Bock Beer and Batemans Mocha Coffee and Chocolate. Packs of 20 Becks bottles are priced at £10, down from £15 and you can buy two packs of four Birra Moretti Lagers for £8. Bottles of Thatchers Cider are reduced to £1.75, from £2.19 in a selection of flavours.
- Asda has knocked down the price of many of its individual beer bottles. You can get any four bottles for £5 on Fuller's Organic Honey Dew Golden Beer, George Gale & Co HSB Ale, Oxfordshire Ales Marshmellow and Potten Brewery Shambles Ale. Bottles of Kopparberg are discounted as well and you can buy three for £5 in a range of flavours.
- At Tesco four-packs of Asahi beer are on a two for £7 deal and you can buy three packs of 10 Budweiser bottles for £20. You can also pick up three single bottles of Aspall Draught Suffolk Cyder for £5 or two packs of six Bulmers no17 Cider for £16.
If you need to stock up on soft drinks, there are still bargains to be had.
- At Sainsbury's packs of 12 Coca Cola cans are on a two for £7 offer and two-litre bottles of R Whites lemonade are now £1, down from £1.29. Bottles of 500ml of Sprite are included in a two for £2 deal and bottles of Lilt are priced at two for £3.
- Asda has dropped the price on bottles of Dr Pepper, Fanta and Lilt and they're all included in a two for £3 deal.
- Over at Tesco there are some good bargains on fresh juices. Tropicana cartons are included in a three for £4 deal in a range of flavours such as apple, grapefruit, red grape, pineapple and orange. Ocado has cut the price of Innocent juices and you can get an apple or orange juice for £2.99 each or two for £4.