Frugal Friday - 19th October
This week's bargains and discounts include up to 70% off at Asos, up to 50% off everything at Wallis, and 20% off at B&Q this weekend.
Welcome to this week's Frugal Friday.
Fashion and homeware sales and discounts
- Accessorize (up to £10 off bags and shoes, 20% off lingerie)
- Ann Harvey (up to 50% off)
- Ann Summers (up to 70% off)
- Asos (up to 70% off)
- Banana Republic (up to 60% off)
- Barratts (up to 50% off and free p&p with code SAVE)
- BHS (up to 30% off across the store)
- Burton (up to 50% off)
- Currys (up to 50% off)
- Debenhams (25% off boots and coats, plus up to 70% off sale)
- Dorothy Perkins (extra 15% off sale)
- Dwell (up to 50% off extended)
- Evans (up to 50% off. An extra 10% off when you sign up the newsletter.)
- Figleaves (up to 50% off and an extra 10% off for signing up to the newsletter)
- House of Fraser (up to 50% off)
- JD Sports (up to 60% off)
- Jones (up to £20 off boots)
- Karen Millen (up to 50% off in mid-season sale)
- La Redoute (up to 30% off selected items. Get a further 25% off with code: 8089)
- Laura Ashley (extra 10% off all sale)
- Matalan (all sale items half price or less)
- Marks & Spencer (buy 2 save up to 30% on furniture)
- Miss Selfridge (up to 50% off)
- Oasis (up to 70% off)
- Office (up to 60% off)
- Sportsdirect (up to 80% off footwear and up to 90% off clothing)
- Topshop (up to 50% off)
- Very (Up to half price on clothing and footwear, extra 10% off selected home and furniture lines).
- Wallis (last day of up to 50% off everything)
Last chance bargains
Snap up these deals before they go:
- Get £5 off a £40 spend on George clothing at Asda Direct with the code sps425 which expires at midnight tonight.
- Save 20% on a £20 spend at B&Q this Saturday 20th or Sunday 21st October. Couldn’t be easier to claim, B&Q Club members can simply give their membership number at the till to get the 20% off and if you’re not a member sign up for free and they will email you a number to take along.
- Fans of The Body Shop get £20 off a £40 spend with MVC code 14669, ends this Sunday 21st October. Or use code LOVE for 35% off with free delivery (excluding outlet).
- Sign up for the Poundland newsletter and they will email you a voucher for £2 off when you spend £10 on Halloween items. Use by Wednesday 24th October.
- At Tesco Direct you can knock £10 off a £75 spend until 28th October – enter the code TD-MXTN at the checkout.
- Bring your unwanted toys to your local Argos before 27th November and not only will they pass them on to children’s charity Barnardo's to sell and raise funds, but you will also be rewarded with a £5 Argos voucher to spend when you order at least £35 worth of toys in store.
Books & Games
Browse through the top deals for book worms:
- The book deals of the week at Amazon – all with at least 55% off – include Dodger by Sir Terry Pratchett and Ash by James Herbert for both reduced to £8.10 (RRP £18.99), as well as Red Country by Joe Abercrombie for £7.64 (RRP £16.99).
- If you’ve been inspired by the TV show, Great British Bake Off cook book by Linda Collister is £8.86 (RRP £20) at Amazon or you can preorder the next instalment Learn to Bake (due for release 25th October) for £9.49 (RRP £18.99).
Check out the best buys for gamers:
- For Nintendo DS games released this year, pick up Jewel Link Legends of Atlantis for £15.67 (RRP £19.99) at Amazon and Gogo's Crazy Bones for £14.95 (RRP £19.99) at The Hut.
- Also at Amazon you’ll find the best price for Xbox 360 game Lord of the Rings: War in the North at £12.56 (RRP £49.99) and also for the Xbox head to ShopTo for Darksider 2 Limited Edition for the £19.85 (RRP £49.99).
- And, you can buy brand new PS3 game Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for £33.85 (RRP £49.99) at Simply Games.
Best buy DVDs and boxsets
Check out the deals below for some great deals on new and classic films and box sets.
Reduction from RRP
- Try the YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum or Eye Serum 3 day by enterning your details on Facebook by the 31st October.
- Claim a free Nails Inc varnish – just fill in the form at the bottom of the page and pick the colour you like the look of!
- Snap up a free pack of Velvet Balm Pocket Tissues, perfect for the wintry weather, and they’ll throw in a coupon for 75p off when you buy an 8 x Velvet Balm Pocket Tissue pack. There are 45,000 free packs available so grab yours now!
- Claim a free paper sample of Serenity, Roses or Diamonds perfumes by Lgns London.
- Sign up to the British Condoms newsletter for two free condoms, and on the Billy Boy Facebook page you can also win one of their condoms when you become a fan and fill in this form.
Coupons and comps
- Like Nouvelle Soft on Facebook for a printable voucher saving you £1 next time you purchase a 4 pack roll. Voucher expires 29th October.
- Save 75p next time you buy a 250ml Dettol hand-wash from any Sainsbury’s store.
- Over at Baby Expert sign up and answer a simply question to win 1 of 30 toy bundles from Fisher Price, expires 30th November 2012.
- Win one of these stylish Jean Paul Gaultier Tote bags for free (there are 294 available to lucky winners) when you Like this Diet Coke Facebook page and complete the jigsaw puzzle before 13th November.
- Fairy Liquid has goodies to give away every single week until the 11th November including free bottles of Fairy washing up liquid, a tea set, aprons, recipe books and other treats. Head for the Fairy Sink Savers to enter.
Mobile phone deal of the week
Snap up the popular Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (white) for £36 per month with 3 Mobile. You pay £69 for the handset and have to sign up for the usual 24-months but you do get an impressive 2,000 minutes, 5,000 texts and unlimited internet.
Compare other top mobile deals at Recombu.
If the onset of Winter and the thought of cold months ahead is getting you down and you fancy a bit of indulgence, you can check out all the latest restaurant bargains in lovemoney’s Frugal Food blog. Read more
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.