Answers to the most frequently asked questions about
The Motley Fool Mortgage Service...
1. What is The Motley Fool Mortgage Service?
The Motley Fool Mortgage Service is an award-winning comprehensive, no-fee mortgage service. We search the whole market and handle the paperwork for you, helping you save time, energy and money.
The Motley Fool Mortgage Service is powered by lovemoney.com financial services limited, 2nd Floor 112 – 116 Old Street, London EC1V 9BG. lovemoney.com financial services is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA FRN 479153).
lovemoney.com financial services also works with London & Country Mortgages Ltd. The Motley Fool Mortgage Service provides you with free, whole of market mortgage advice.
2. What are the benefits of using your service?
The Motley Fool Mortgage Service is fee-free, which means you get the following without having to pay us a penny.
- Access to the whole of the mortgage market
- Help with selecting the right mortgage for you
- Hassle-free service: we’ll fill in the application form for you and follow up on your behalf
- Access to exclusive mortgages offering you better deals than going direct to UK lenders
3. How can you afford to help me for free?
The lenders with whom we place mortgages on your behalf pay us what's known as a procuration fee for arranging the mortgage. By dealing efficiently by email, telephone and post, the procuration fees are sufficient to cover the cost of the mortgage service we provide.
Many other services charge a fee on top of receiving the same procuration fee. We believe that good service should not cost you extra, which is why we don't charge a fee.
4. Do you really search all the mortgages in the market?
We search the vast majority. The only mortgages we can't offer are exclusive products other brokers may have and deals where the lender will only deal direct. In addition to products in the wider market, we have our own range of market leading exclusive products which we have negotiated on your behalf with lenders.
5. What types of mortgages do you offer?
We can help you find every type of mortgage, including:
- Fixed Rate mortgages
- Tracker mortgages
- Discount mortgages
- Capped mortgages
- Flexible mortgages
- Offset mortgages
- Cashback mortgages
- 100% mortgages
- Self certification mortgages
- Bad credit mortgages
6. Can you help people in all circumstances?
We can help all people in the following circumstances:
- Buying a home
- Moving home
- Buying to let
- Self certifying
- Bad credit
7. Will you help me with insurance?
Yes. We can provide competitive quotes for life insurance, home insurance and payment protection insurance.
8. How will you keep me up to date with my application?
You will be assigned a dedicated case manager once your application is submitted. He or she will liaise with you and your lender, ensuring your application progresses swiftly to offer stage.
9. Who are you regulated by?
The Motley Fool Mortgage Service is provided by lovemoney.com financial services limited, 2nd Floor 112 – 116 Old Street, London EC1V 9BG.
lovemoney.com financial services FSA number is 479153.
You can check this on the FCA's Register by visiting the official FSA website or by contacting the FCA on 0845 606 1234.