Feedback forum » Tracker » Feature requests

The Upgrade

kpandya
by kpandya  |  13 December 2012  |  Comments 12 comments  |  Love Love  0 loves

Generally, I think the upgrade has improved performance, usability and some features, however you have also removed key functions that really undermine the upgrade. For example:

1) Removed the Analysis

No longer able to view the total spend per month comparing it to the avarage spend over a year

2) No ability to filter transactions quickly

I can't see how much I have spent in total for a particularly category. The check/uncheck boxes are cumbersome, there is no 'check/uncheck all' feature, and do not actually work when certain categories are unselected. A drop down filter on the transaction page would have been far much better.

3) The application generally works on an iPad, but many features no longer work as they did before.

4) No ability to export transactions

This would have been ok if point 2 didn't exist - but I can't find the transaction I am looking for anymore - this is a real show-stopper.

5) No ability to drill down into budget spend

I can view budgets, but I can't see what the money was spent on without going through the entire transaction history and adding it up myself

Overall, I believe the above removal of functionality is far greater than the benefit of the upgrade - and this is bad product management. An upgrade should not remove key functionality that prevents the tool from functioning the way it did prior - especially when the removed functionality are show-stoppers.

Rgds

KP.

Comments (12)

• 05hicklingmr
    Love rating 2
    05hicklingmr posted

Ditto, couldnt agree more. I love you service and the upgrades are great if they were ontop of what we had before... but now we have practically a new web app and I wish I could still analyse properly.

Please please sort this out.

marc

Posted on 13 December 2012 | Love Love  2 loves Report
  • greglfuller
    Love rating 7
    greglfuller posted

Totally with you both. This isn't an upgrade, its almost unrecognisable from the product before and whilst has some new features has definitely removed some of the previous most effective and useful features (as detailed above). I really can't believe that the analysis has gone. That allowed me to understand where I was spending my money month by month and understanding the categories that I was spending too much on against previous.

Such a shame, and hopefully these features are on their way soon?

• hoogenboom
    Love rating 2
    hoogenboom posted

Without analysis and being able to filter by category easily I can't see the point in logging in anymore..

Transactions limited to 10 per page is cumbersome

You have essentially no historical information now.

This is basically a small half step above Egg money manager etc. now

• TechJinx
    Love rating 6
    TechJinx posted

Yep - the lack of exportable transactions is a killer for me, I was using it to track spending types and income month on month via a personal pivot. Why has it gone?

• kpandya
    Love rating 7
    kpandya posted

Since I posted the above, I've noticed that certain transaction categories are not applying anymore. I've changed a Petrol/Fuel transaction from Holiday Expenses 4 times now - among other categories too. The application is broken, has taken a huge backwards step.

This thread should be renamed 'Downgrade' - The application is now unusable.

Posted on 14 December 2012 | Love Love  3 loves Report
  • souldeep
    Love rating 9
    souldeep posted

Hey kpandya - I'm totally in agreement with your first post.

This feels like the upgrade has been designed for getting new customers. No warnings or interacting with exisiting customers (that I'm aware of) has taken place :-(

There is a discussion on the home page under the upgrade news item announcement that has some feedback from support. I wanted to paste the link here so you can find the thread easily however when I click on the home page whilst logged in - it only shows our notification section. You have to log out to see the LoveMoney home page.. but then I can't post in this thread. Classic!!!

Posted on 14 December 2012 | Love Love  1 love Report
  • souldeep
    Love rating 9
    souldeep posted

greglfuller - I've raised exactly the same question. The Analysis tool was the best part. Apparently in their research they found that customers didn't really use it or find it useful. I was never asked and would have adamantly disagreed. Not sure what cross section, if any, of the existing customer base they got that statistic from.

Posted on 14 December 2012 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • souldeep
    Love rating 9
    souldeep posted

Signed out - went to home page - found the article and copied link - signed back in and tried to find this thread - but you can't as it takes you directly to the track app - so signed out - found this thread - then signed in so I can post and viola - the link I was referring to above;

http://www.lovemoney.com/blogs/our-site/lovemoney-com/18825/lovemoney-just-got-better

• Kateattard
    Love rating 0
    Kateattard posted

Hi all

Completely agree with all of you, just persuaded my husband to use this so that he can start ot manage his finances better and it immediately becomes useless! On top of all the above I also quite miss the pie chart of the homepage that gave you a sense of the percentage that you were spending on certain things.

Analysis and not being able to download transactions makes this almost useless to me now as well.

Anyone got a recommendation of another tracker that has more functionality that I can move to??

• emma
    Love rating 6
    emma posted

Hello , just a quick note to say we are answering all questions over on this post. So please post any track questions there.

http://www.lovemoney.com/blogs/our-site/lovemoney-com/18825/lovemoney-just-got-better

Thanks

Emma

Publishing Director

Lovemoney

• FatAngel01
    Love rating 3
    FatAngel01 posted

What a mess. Always found this really helpful, but losing my budget, particularly losing the analysis section and general usability issues (viewing individual account transactions) mean I'm starting to look for alternatives. Really, really disappointing. Surprised not to see more responses from the lovemoney team....

Posted on 07 January 2013 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • mysteryhawke
    Love rating 0
    mysteryhawke posted

Completely agree with all of the above. Been away for a bit and when I return suddenly analysis has disappeared, clicking change similar transactions seems to do nothing, and I'm wondering why I bother changing transaction categories at all, now I can't analyse how much I spend in each of the categories on a monthly basis. You might as well make the categories income, expediture, bills, and savings as they're the only things I see.

Very disappointed, feel like I've wasted a lot of time with this tracker, but hey - at least I can change my avatar right?!

On a serious note does anyone know a decent tracker, that has analysis-type functionality?

Posted on 20 January 2013 | Love Love  0 loves Report

Post a reply

Sign in or register to post an answer
W3C  Thank you for using Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels