Feedback forum » Tracker » Feature requests

When do you intend to roll out some new features.. ??

marcode
by marcode  |  09 August 2011  |  Comments 24 comments  |  Love Love  0 loves

maybe im wrong, but hasnt they lovemoney tracker been on v1.5 for a VERY long time now (relatively speaking, for a web service).

what happened to that big list of features that you asked for and people suggested?

its been a year and i still have no idea if i am in a better financial state than when i joined the service because there is no way to track overall progress..

nor do i know the areas where ive saved or spent more money unless i go through every section of the analysis, expand them all and manually analyse the numbers..

this, frankly, makes the service fairly useless other than being able to tell where ive over spent in any given month (and more often than not, i already know).

where are the graphs, tools?

wheres all the BIG PICTURE features!?

CMON people.. jeez.

im sure you've all been busy doing other things, but since you communicate almost none of that to the outside, it looks like absolutely nothing is being done to the average user.

getting bored of waiting, beginning to assess other services again.

Comments (24)

• jongib
    Love rating 1
    jongib posted

i would add the point, that maybe its better to release incrementally. rather than one big drop.a few features a month

Posted on 10 August 2011 | Love Love  1 love Report
  • MandyL
    Love rating 37
    MandyL posted

Hi Marcode, jongib

We have been doing a lot of infrastructure work to the site which is crucial to support Tracker V2, whilst I understand that it seems like we are not doing very much in fact we are.

Our development team need to ensure that all features and changes to tracker are written correctly as the last thing we want to do is break the service all together, this involves a lot of time spent on testing, tweaking and testing again.

Tracker V2 will be rolled out soon but I am unable to give a date, because we may hit a few bumps along the way.

Regards,

Mandy

Posted on 11 August 2011 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • Poostix
    Love rating 9
    Poostix posted

I don't understand this "we can't give a timing" quote that gets thrown out on this site all the time. If I said that to my boss then he's tell me that he can't let me know when I'll be paid, everyone needs a deadline and a plan to success. (hitting that target does not matter in the long run, having the target and aiming to hit it is how things get done.)

It seems like your planning to fail rather than setting and hitting achievable goals. I don't think I like that ethos from a financial tool.

Posted on 12 August 2011 | Love Love  2 loves Report
  • marcode
    Love rating 9
    marcode posted

Thanks Mandy..

i understand the reluctance to set timescales, seems to be something prevalent in a lot of companies now. They think it removes the risk of locking themselves into promises, or pissing off users by overshooting timescales, but the reality is the complete opposite.

if i knew that.. say, within the next 3 months (or even before the end of 2011), you would roll out features that meant id be able to view a graph of my credit/debt/balance over the last year, id be more than happy knowing its coming.. roughly within in that timeframe.

however as it stands, it could be years for all i know.. and well.. thats a bit more than im willing to hang around for.

are you able to give us even a little bit of an idea of what new features or changes are coming? SOMETHING.. ANYTHING.. its been a YEAR for the love of god lol

you gotta give users something now and then.. otherwise wheres the benefit for me? i just give you loads of valuable financial data and get no discernible benefits other than seeing ive withdrawn too much cash this month.

ta,

marco.

Posted on 12 August 2011 | Love Love  2 loves Report
  • MandyL
    Love rating 37
    MandyL posted

Hi Marcode,

I completely understand the frustration but, whilst I cannot give an actual date I can guarantee that Tracker V2 will be here before the end of the year

Regards,

Mandy

Posted on 15 August 2011 | Love Love  3 loves Report
  • Poostix
    Love rating 9
    Poostix posted

There a timescale in the future that should be achievable and now you have happy customers. That wasn't too painful was it?

Posted on 16 August 2011 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • marcode
    Love rating 9
    marcode posted

thanks mandy,

thats all i was after.. before years end, i can live with that.

Marco.

Posted on 16 August 2011 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • jodsclass
    Love rating 8
    jodsclass posted

To be fair, we aren't paying for the Love Money service so we can't really demand deadlines. It would be a different story if paying subs, but as a free account holder I'm happy for any & all tools offered for free by Love Money. Thanks guys.

Posted on 17 August 2011 | Love Love  8 loves Report
  • ptorkington
    Love rating 0
    ptorkington posted

Is there a list of the new features which V2 will deliver ?

Posted on 19 August 2011 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • MandyL
    Love rating 37
    MandyL posted

Hi ptorkington,

Unfortunately not our developers are still working on which features are possible to implement along with communicating to our data partner Yodlee to find out how we can create new features,

Regards,

Mandy

Posted on 24 August 2011 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • marcode
    Love rating 9
    marcode posted

@jodsclass

we do pay (of sorts). we pay in very valuable and sellable financial data.

you think these guys are building this service for shits and giggles? lol

Posted on 26 August 2011 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • cbridgett84839
    Love rating 0
    cbridgett84839 posted

You guys have got to be kidding. Love Money is a free service that you have to opt-in (sign up) to use. I think what they provide is great and it provides a much better overview of my finances than logging into my bank's website. Obviously they aren't developing this site 'out the goodness of their hearts' and they might be making their money from analysing our data - but what does that cost you? N.o.t.h.i.n.g. Don't like it? Close your account.

Be patient. Like Mandy has said, it's better they take their time and get it right, than roll-out an unfinished product that could break altogether or contain security flaws.

Posted on 03 September 2011 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • dja1971
    Love rating 0
    dja1971 posted

Any further news on the version 2 release? Apart from the fact that everybody is crying out for customisable categories, there are bug fixes that we really need - at the moment it seems impossible to effectively filter transactions to just see all those from an individual category.

Posted on 08 December 2011 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • scott.bartlett
    Love rating 31
    scott.bartlett posted

Hi Dja1971,

We are hoping to get version released as early in the new year as possible, there is no set date as we may experience issues while testing.

I can confirm that customisable sub-categories will be featured in version 2, and we are aware of the transaction list bug so will be working on this fix for the release.

If you know of any more bugs please let me know so I can make sure these are on the top of the list for our tech team.

Best regards,

Scott

Posted on 08 December 2011 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • marcode
    Love rating 9
    marcode posted

the end of the year is fast approaching.... that v2 guarantee still holding?

Posted on 22 December 2011 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • scott.bartlett
    Love rating 31
    scott.bartlett posted

Hi Marcode,

We are busy working on v2 as we speak and are still aiming to get this out as early as we can into the new year.

Best regards,

Scott

• marcode
    Love rating 9
    marcode posted

thats a 'no' then..? :(

• scott.bartlett
    Love rating 31
    scott.bartlett posted

Hi Marcode,

Sorry for the inconvenience this may be causing. MandyL's comment was made in August and since then we have left numerous messages with the new planned release period on a number of forums.

I'm sure you can understand that we want to get this right so are being very thorough with our development and testing.

All I can say is that the wait won't be too long now and there is also the release of the iPhone app coming very soon :)

Best regards,

Scott

Posted on 23 December 2011 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • marcode
    Love rating 9
    marcode posted

thatll be handy on my android phone.. :)

Posted on 04 January 2012 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • disgruntled
    Love rating 2
    disgruntled posted

Any news Scott?

It's a reasonable site, but I'm interested to see what the new features bring; marcode's 'big picture' point being the most pertinent.

Regards,

Rich

Posted on 27 January 2012 | Love Love  1 love Report
  • scott.bartlett
    Love rating 31
    scott.bartlett posted

Hi Richbradish,

The good news is we are progressing well with version 2, but there are still a few bugs to iron out. Our tech team have also been extremely busy over the last week setting up our new office but will soon be able to focus their full attention back onto MoneyTrack.

I'll keep everyone updated with a blog post as and when we have more infomration regarding the progress of our development and testing.

Best regards,

Scott

Posted on 31 January 2012 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • marcode
    Love rating 9
    marcode posted

so... its april.... soon it'll be 2013..

what is the score? :)

ta

Posted on 04 April 2012 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • adamflanagan
    Love rating 0
    adamflanagan posted

Hi marcode,

Scott's on holiday at the moment so I'm keeping an eye on things for him. We've finally moved into our new offices and settled down and the dev team are working hard on v2. As Scott said we'll keep you updated on the blog.

Adam

Posted on 05 April 2012 | Love Love  0 loves Report
  • dwmann7
    Love rating 0
    dwmann7 posted

Do we have any update on v2 - i just get frustrated with the speed....the speed please...the speed is so slow....more speed please!

Posted on 03 December 2012 | Love Love  0 loves Report

Post a reply

Sign in or register to post an answer
W3C  Thank you for using Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels