Frugal Friday - 18th January 2013
This week's bargains and discounts include voucher codes to use in the sales, free delivery at Lovethymakeup, all coats under £50 at Wallis, half-price mattresses at M&S, over £62 off the complete Jonathan Creek DVD collection and Drive for only £3!
Welcome to this week's Frugal Friday.
Fashion and homeware sales and discounts
- Accessorize (now up to 70% off)
- Amazon (up to 70% off January Deals)
- Ann Harvey (up to 70% off)
- Argos (clearance sale)
- George at Asda (up to 50% off)
- A-Wear (up to 75% off final clearance)
- B&Q (up to 50% off)
- Banana Republic (15% off when you sign up for newsletter)
- Barratts (save up to 70%)
- BHS (up to 70% off)
- Burton (£10 off quilted jackets)
- Clarks (final reductions with up to 60% off)
- Currys (up to 50% off)
- Debenhams (Blue Cross Sale up to 70% off)
- Dorothy Perkins (up to 70% off)
- Evans (up to 60% off, many items £10)
- Figleaves (15% off customer favourites, 20% off winter warmers)
- FCUK (extra 20% off all sale items)
- Gap (up to 75% off sale and 15% off when you sign up for newsletter)
- H&M (up to 70% off sale, or use code 0285 for 10% off full-price until 20th January)
- Habitat (up to 70% off)
- House of Fraser (up to 70% off)
- Jones (final clearance up to 70% off)
- Karen Millen (now up to 70% off)
- Kurt Geiger (use VOGUE25 for 25% off full-price until 10th July 2013)
- La Redoute (extra 10% off sale coats, jackets and boots with code 8118)
- Laura Ashley (up to 70% off with an extra 10% off home)
- Marks & Spencer (ongoing sale, plus up to 50% off mattresses, 30% off furniture)
- Monsoon (now up to 70% off)
- Motel Rocks (last week of 70% off sale)
- New Look (up to 60% off, in-store pick up a voucher for £5 off £25 spend)
- Next (half-price or less)
- Oasis (up to 70% off, 20% off for students)
- Office (now up to 70% off)
- Republic (25% off knitwear and jackets)
- Tesco Direct (up to 50% off in the Big Sale)
- ToysRUs (many items now half-price)
- Very (now up to 75% off)
- Wallis (ongoing half-price sale & all coats under £50)
- Zara Home (up to 50% off)
Top voucher codes to use in the sales!
Don’t miss these codes which you can use in the sales to snap up a serious bargain:
- Move quick for an extra 10% off sale at Wallis with this code from MVC, expires Saturday 19th January.
- Right now at Urban Outfitters you can already save up to 70% in the same but if you are buying homeware you get an extra 25% off the sale price with the code 25HOME!
- At The Body Shop use code ENDING for an extra 30% off your order until 2pm on Monday 21st January 2013. You pay £2.99 for delivery.
Books & Games
Browse through the top deals for book worms:
- If it’s a cookbook you’re after, TheBookPeople is cheapest for The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight, costing only £4.99 (RRP £14.99) and Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course, costing £7.99 (RRP £25). There’s free delivery on orders over £25 too.
- Save 10% on all orders over £20 at Waterstones with code PG3927. Expires 22nd January 2013.
- At The Book Depository save 32% on The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks, now £5.42 (RRP £7.99) and 47% on The Girl With a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier, now £4.16 (RRP £7.99).
Check out the best buys for gamers:
- It’s sold out in many stores but you can buy PS3 game Infamous 2 Platinum Cole on sale at CoolShop for £14.95 (RRP £19.99). Other PS3 games in the January sale include Soul Calibur V for £8.94 (RRP £29.99) and Unchartered 3: Drake’s Deception for £18.50 (RRP £49.99).
- For brand new bestsellers you can buy DmC: Devil May Cry for £33.99 (RRP £29.99) via Play Trade.
- Get £5 off orders over £50 at Game using code VCJAN13 (ends 20th January).
Best buy DVDs and boxsets
Check out the deals below for some great deals on new and classic films and box sets.
Reduction from RRP
Freebies, coupons and comps
- Try out the YSL Forever Youth Serum and Le Teint Touche Eclat for free via Facebook (redeem your voucher for 5ml samples at your nearest YSL beauty counter), expires 20th February 2013.
- Another Facebook freebie, this time for Swell Hair – sign up and keep your fingers crossed that you are chosen to trial the products.
- Get a free bottle of nail varnish from coveted beauty brand Nails Inc – there are 100 bottles being given away on Look Magazine, ends 31st January.
- Win a free Rock ‘N’ Rose Gothic necklace by entering this other Look Magazine comp before 31st January.
- Win one of 50 free Salon Secret Elixir 12ml samples here. Enter your details and answer the question by the 1st February 2013.
Offer of the week
For two weeks only, get free delivery at budget beauty website Lovethymakeup - valid whether you’re spending £1.50 or £30! You don’t need a code, instead simply select the ‘free delivery’ option at the checkout stage. Offer runs until midnight Friday 1st February.
Mobile phone deal
This week it’s the Samsung Galaxy S3 for £37 per month when you sign up for 24-months with Vodafone. For this you get unlimited inclusive minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB internet. You do pay £29 for the handset but this is still a great deal if you want this latest model.
Compare other top mobile deals at Recombu.
If the onset of winter and the thought of cold months ahead is getting you down and you fancy a bit of indulgence you can check out all the latest restaurant bargains in lovemoney’s Frugal Food blog. Read more
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.