Frugal Friday 30th September 2011
Highlights this week include your last chance to get up to 25% off top brands at Debenhams and House of Fraser, new 20% off codes for Whistles and Figleaves, 25% off Tu clothing at Sainsbury's until Monday, new half-price sales at Gap, Jaegar, Karen Millen and Oasis, 25% off for cardholders at Dorothy Perkins today, half-price toys at Tesco, free Odeon cinema tickets for O2 customers, BOGOF on Disney DVDs, free mini manicures with Always and Tampax promo packs and the complete box set of Teachers for £15.85!
Welcome to this week’s edition of Frugal Friday. Let’s kick things off with the best frugal picks on fashion and homewares.
Frugal fashion and homewares
Debenhams is offering 20% off top brands which ends today, plus there are lots of bargains in the half-price sale across the department including lingerie, furniture, shoes and beauty.
Now on to the rest of the new sales:
- House of Fraser: Today is the last day of the Brand Event saving you up to 25%.
- Whistles: Grazia code (or buy mag to use in store) WH20AW11 for 20% off until 11th Oct.
- Dorothy Perkins: Cardholders save 25% today plus up to £15 off boots and shoes for all.
- Sainsbury’s: Get 25% off the Tu clothing range until Monday.
- Figleaves: Save 20% with code TWENTY, expires 13th Oct.
- Gap: New sale with up to 50% off.
- Jaegar: Save up to 50% in the mid season sale.
- Oasis: Another new mid season sale with up to 50% off.
- BHS: Items up to half-price in fashion sale (plus see below for ongoing codes).
- Karen Millen: Mid-season sale, save up to 50%.
- USC: Save up to 50% in the new sale.
- M&S: Up to 25% off selected women’s clothing.
- Banana Republic: Now save up to 60% in the new sale.
- Miss Selfridge: Free delivery using code FSSEPX (min spend £40).
- Kew: Save 20% on skirts and dresses.
And see what’s left in the ongoing sales:
- Coast: New sale with up to 50% off selected items.
- New Look: Students get 20% off for a limited time here.
- Republic: Students get 20% off and a chance to win an iPad 2 here until 19th Oct.
- Barratts: Save £5 on courts online.
- BHS: Get £5 off a £25 spend with code SEPTEMBER111 or £10 off a £50 spend with SEPTEMBER112. Expires 1st Oct.
- Cloggs: Buy 3 for 2 on these sale boots with code 3F2BT.
- La Senza: Save up to 50% on swimwear.
- Laura Ashley: Now up to 50% off selected wallpaper, upholstery and furniture.
- M&S: Still £5 off a £30 spend on lingerie in-store and online.
- Miss Selfridge: ‘Like’ the Facebook page for 10% off and free delivery when you spend £60.
- Motel Rocks: Use code HELLO for 10% off full price items until 9th Dec.
- Tesco: Save 20% on baby clothing here and if you spend £40 on clothes you get £10 off with code AW-LFW until 2nd Oct.
- Wallis: Make the most of the ongoing half-price sale.
Last chance bargains
Don’t miss these deals before they run out:
- Grab half-price toys at Tesco Direct and get another £10 off when you spend £100 or more with the code TD-PRTY at checkout. Expires 9th October. Now £100 is a lot of money to spend on toys but you could stock up on Christmas presents and team up with other mums and dads to buy together. See the selection here.
- O2 customers can get a free cinema ticket when they sign up for Priority Moments – enter your mobile to sign up and then press the ‘redeem’ button on the Odeon offer at the bottom of the page (you may need to scroll across). Valid Monday to Thursday until 16th October and excludes 3D, IMAX, Premier seats etc. Plus for non O2 customers there is still time to use this 40% off voucher at your nearest Odeon.
- The Telegraph is offering readers the chance to book £20 rooms at Ramada hotels (which usually start from more than double this). Buy the paper between Saturday 1st and Tuesday 4th October for full details of how to book the bargain rooms. Stays are from 1st November 2011 until 31st May 2012.
Books and Games
Browse through the top deals for book worms this week:
- A great bargain for parents is The Macmillian First Nursery Collection (10 books) for only £9.99 (RRP £59.90) at The Book People saving you almost £50. Clearly you wouldn’t pay £60 for 10 books but for a tenner you get a lovely collection with illustrations and three re-told stories per book including Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid and The Emperor's New Clothes and other stories.
- I’m really impressed with the latest Amazon Book Deals of the Week – get in before the end of this Sunday to buy The Fear Index by Robert Harris and Death of Kings by Bernard Cornwell both £8.54 each (RRP £18.99), Sapphire Battersea (Hetty Feathe) by Jacqueline Wilson for £5.99 (RRP £12.99) and All Hell Let Loose: The World at War 1939 to 1945 by Max Hastings for £13.50 (RRP £30).
And check out the best buys for gamers:
- ShopTo has the lowest price for the special edition of brand new game FIFA 12 for the PS3 at £39.85 (RRP £54.99).
- You can also save £15 on Dead Island for the Xbox 360, costing £34.99 at Gameplay.
- Nintendo 3DS gamers can play Starfox 64 for £29.96, saving you just over £10 and Super Street Fighter VI for only £14.97 (RRP £39.99) at Amazon.
- Finally, head to Play Trade to buy Infamous 2 for only £23.99 (RRP £49.99) and save 60% on Mortal Kombat for the PS3 at Base, now only £17.99 (RRP £49.99).
DVDs and boxsets
It’s BOGOF on Disney DVDs all over the place including Sainsbury’s where the films are £14.99 each and Base where they cost from £8.08 to £14.99 so depending on which films you want and how much they cost you may be better off visiting Amazon where they are on a 2 for £13.99 deal.
Now on to the best DVD deals this week:
Reduction from RRP
Freebie of the week
Get a free mini manicure with promotional packs of Tampax and Always. The packs are available until 31st December and you'll have until 31st March 2012 to claim your freebie. You’ll need to keep the sticker which you take with you to your appointment – enter your postcode on the Always/Tampax website, pick your salon, print off the voucher and call to make an appointment (subject to availability and certain days are excluded).
Mobile phone deal of the week
This is your last chance to make the most of an exclusive offer for the Samsung Galaxy S II. You pay just £27 per month for 300 minutes, unlimited texts, 500MB data on a 24 month contract with O2 with an impressive £125 cashback! This offer is only available through Recombu until 30th September.
Competition of the week
In celebration of National Wear a Tea Cosy on Your Head Day (seriously) which fell on Thursday 22nd September (how on earth did you miss it?) White Stuff and Clipper Teas have teamed up to give away five goodie bags each worth over £100. Each hand stitched bag contains a £50 voucher to spend in store and a selection of accessories. Fill in the form to be in with a chance.
Competition ends on 16th October.
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.