Frugal Friday - 25th January 2013
This week's bargains and discounts include 20% off at Debenhams, £10 off at Evans, an extra 20% off in the Dorothy Perkins and FCUK sale, 40% off everything at The Body Shop and £20 off season 1 of Homeland!
Welcome to this week's Frugal Friday.
Fashion and homeware sales and discounts
- Amazon (up to 65% off clothing)
- Ann Harvey (30% off new season lines)
- Argos (£5 voucher when you spend £30 on Lego)
- A-Wear (up to 75% off final clearance)
- B&Q (up to 50% off)
- Banana Republic (up to 60% off and 15% off when you sign up for newsletter)
- Burton (70% off final clearance)
- Clarks (up to 50% off boots)
- Currys (new lines added to sale with up to 50% off)
- Debenhams (20% off Payday promo, ends Sunday)
- Dorothy Perkins (extra 20% off sale online)
- Evans (15% off online exclusive, £10 off £50 spend, ends 29th January)
- Figleaves (20% off Freya & Fantasie)
- FCUK (final week of sale with an extra 20% off, ends Sunday)
- Gap (up to 75% off sale and 15% off when you sign up for newsletter)
- H&M (up to 70% off sale)
- Habitat (up to 70% off, ends Sunday)
- John Lewis (up to 50% off, furniture clearance, ends Sunday)
- Jones (final clearance up to 50% off)
- Karen Millen (up to 70% off)
- Kurt Geiger (use VOGUE25 for 25% off full-price until 10th July 2013)
- La Redoute (30% off selected items plus 20% off full price items with the code 8114)
- Laura Ashley (up to 70% off fashion, ends Sunday)
- Made (up to 50% off plus £10 welcome gift)
- Marks & Spencer (up to 50% off mattresses, 30% off furniture)
- Motel Rocks (25% off for students)
- New Look (up to 60% off)
- Next (half-price or less)
- Oasis (last chance for up to 70% off)
- Office (up to 70% off)
- Republic (items from £5 in the sale)
- Superdry (up to 50% off)
- Tesco Direct (up to 50% off in the Big Sale)
- ToysRUs (many items now half-price)
- Very (up to 75% off)
- Wallis (20% off tops, jeans, knitwear, plus 15% off full-price)
- Zara Home (up to 50% off)
Top vouchers for the weekend
Here are some more voucher codes to use in the sales for a serious bargain:
- Save 20% on everything at Phase Eight, with free delivery, using MVC code MVCJAN which expires midnight tonight. You can save up to 70% in the sale so it’s the perfect time to treat yourself to a glam dress for less!
- Get 25% off everything (including sale with up to 70% off) at Barratts Shoes using code GIFT via VoucherCodesPro, valid until 31st January 2013.
- Get a one-year Family & Friends Railcard - which saves you a third on rail fares - for £20 (usually £28) using voucher code SAVING8 before it expires Sunday 3rd March 2013.
- At The Body Shop you get 40% off any order, including sale, using code ENDS or this voucher in-store, expires 27th January 2013.
- Urban Outfitters is offering 15% off everything with MVC code 15VOUCH, expires 27th January 2013 so see what takes your fancy in the 75% off sale.
- You can also save 15% at Boden and get free delivery, plus a new gift for customers and free returns with another MVC code, QS39, expires 27th January 2013.
- Finally, buy the Daily Mail this Sunday for a voucher entitling you to 20% off full-price items in-store (only 10% on beauty and fragrance) at Debenhams, valid until 6th February.
Books & Games
Browse through the top deals for bookworms:
- Starting with The Book Depository you can try the The Hypnotic Gastric Band by Paul McKenna for £7 (RRP £12.99), or go it alone and try The Greedy Girls Diet by Nadia Sawalha for £9.59 (RRP £14.99).
- You can also buy original, heartfelt children’s books Wonder by R.J. Palacio and Sally Gardner’s Maggot Moon, both for £5.24 (RRP £6.99) at The Book Depository.
- Head to Amazon and pick up Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn for £3.85 (RRP £7.99) and Bossy Pants by Tina Fey for £5.39 (RRP £8.99).
Check out the best buys for gamers:
- Get your fight on with Xbox 360 games Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Classics, only £15.97 (RRP £49.99) at Amazon and Medal of Honour Warfighter, which is £19.85 (RRP £49.99) at ShopTo.
- Get movin and shakin with Nintendo Wii game Just Dance: Disney for £21.85 (RRP £29.99) at ShopTo or practise your footie finger skills with FIFA 13, reduced to £14.99 (RRP £39.99) at Play.
- Remember to check for the latest vouchers and sales before you pay. You get £5 off orders over £25 at Tesco Entertainment using code TD-KFPW before it expires 10th February 2013.
Best buy DVDs and boxsets
Check out the deals below for some great deals on new and classic films and box sets.
Reduction from RRP
Freebies, coupons and competitions
- Nab a free mini treatment (hand and arm massage/mini facial) at Molton Brown! Enter your postcode, find your nearest store and call up to book an appointment or pop in.
- Get a good night’s sleep under your belt with a free sample (three capsules) of Asphalia (natural ingredients).
- This week Radox is offering free Union Jack shower curtains when you enter your details on Facebook by 28th January 2013.
- Win one of 50 NUK Baby Winnie The Pooh Learner Bottles and cuddly toy sets when you like them on Facebook and enter your details by 31st January 2013.
- Packard Bell will give 100 lucky winners a free copy of Ice Age 4 (and if you’re really lucky you could win a family pirate cruise in the Algarve!).
- There are also 100 trio sets of Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Moisturizing Lip Balms being given away on Facebook. Both offers expire 31st January 2013.
Mobile phone deal
If you’re on the hunt for a mega cheap smartphone tariff, you can get the HTC Desire C for only £13 per month when you sign up for 24-months with Vodafone. For this you get 100 inclusive minutes, unlimited texts and 100mb internet with nothing to pay for the handset.
Compare other top mobile deals at Recombu.
If the onset of winter and the thought of cold months ahead is getting you down and you fancy a bit of indulgence you can check out all the latest restaurant bargains in lovemoney’s Frugal Food blog. Read more
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.