Frugal Friday - 11th January 2013
This week's bargains and discounts include an extra 10% off in the Asos sale, improved sales with up to 70% off at BHS, Barratts, Jones, Karen Millen and Monsoon, 50p Megabus tickets and season 11 of Family Guy for only £9!
Welcome to this week's Frugal Friday.
Fashion and homeware sales and discounts
- Accessorize (all sale 50% off)
- Amazon (up to 70% off January Deals)
- Ann Harvey (up to 70% off)
- Argos (up to 60% off in the Big Sale)
- George at Asda (up to 50% off)
- Asos (extra 10% off sale with code PERFECT10)
- A-Wear (up to 75% off final clearance)
- B&Q (up to 50% off)
- Banana Republic (20% off with code BRSAVE20)
- Barratts (now up to 70%)
- BHS (now up to 70% off)
- Burton (now up to 70% off)
- Clarks (now up to 60% off)
- Currys (up to 50% off)
- Debenhams (Blue Cross Sale up to 70% off)
- Dorothy Perkins (an extra 15% off online)
- Evans (up to 50% off with an extra 10% off online)
- Figleaves (up to 50% off)
- FCUK (now up to 75% off sale)
- Gap (15% off when you sign up for newsletter)
- H&M (up to 70% off)
- Habitat (up to 70% off)
- House of Fraser (up to 70% off with an extra 10% sale until Sunday 13th January if you pay with Recognition MasterCard or existing Account Card)
- Ikea (up to 50% off, Ikea Family members get an extra 10%)
- John Lewis (up to 50% off)
- Jones (now up to 70% off)
- Karen Millen (now up to 70% off)
- La Redoute (30% off sportswear in flash sale until midnight on Sunday)
- Laura Ashley (up to 50% off with an extra 10% off home)
- Marks & Spencer (up to 30% off selected furniture)
- Matalan (further reductions in store from today)
- Miss Selfridge (up to 50% off)
- Monsoon (now up to 70% off)
- Motel Rocks (70% off sale)
- New Look (up to 60% off)
- Next (half-price or less)
- Oasis (up to 70% off)
- Office (now up to 70% off)
- Tesco Clothing (50% off or more)
- Tesco Direct (up to 50% off in the Big Sale)
- TK Maxx (now up to 80% off)
- ToysRUs (many items now half-price)
- Urban Outfitters (now up to 70% off)
- Very (up to 70% off)
- Wallis (all sale half-price or less)
- Warehouse (up to 70% off)
Make the most of these offers before they go:
- The Megabus Winter Sale is back with over 10,000 free seats on offer – all you pay is the 50p booking fee! Available on English and Welsh routes, for travel from 14th January to 28th February 2013, Monday to Thursday.
- This week at The Body Shop use code MORE for £5 off a £15 spend, £10 off a £25 spend, or £25 off a £50 spend.
- At Morrisons there is a sale on selected homeware with £20 off a Russell Hobbs Microwave (now £39), £30 off a Vax Carpet Cleaner (now £49) and 25% off a Maggie Double Duvet Set (now £9). You can also buy various DVDs for only £2 each (includes Bourne Ultimatum and Dream Girls).
- Sign up (for free) to secret sales website HushHush.com where you can currently save up to 57% off Valentino scarves, up to 55% off Russell Hobbs appliances, up to 39% off Vega watches and up to 81% Gianfranco Ferre handbags.
Books & Games
Browse through the top deals for book worms:
- Starting with The Book Depository, look out for some of 2012’s best books including The Red House by Mark Haddon (author of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night) for £10.86 (RRP £16.99) and The Yellow Birds by Kevin Powers for 9.59 (RRP £14.99).
- At The Book People you can buy six books from the shortlisted 2012 Man Booker Prize for only £20 (RRP £89.96) – includes the winner Bring up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel and The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan Eng in hardback.
- And at Amazon you can buy the Hunger Games Trilogy box set for only £14.14 (RRP £23.97).
Check out the best buys for gamers:
- Starting with new PC games, you can pre-order The Sims 3 University Life for £28.85 at ShopTo, or if you want a game to play now, buy Football Manger 2013 for £19.49 (RRP £39.99) at Amazon.
- On the Xbox 360, pick up the 2005 version of Need for Speed Most Wanted for only £15.40 (RRP £29.99) at Game Seek and Tour de France 2012 for £9.95 (RRP £39.99) at The Hut.
- If you’re buying games at Zavvi, you get £5 off orders over £50 via VoucherCodes.co.uk. Expires 13th January 2013.
Best buy DVDs and boxsets
Check out the deals below for some great deals on new and classic films and box sets.
Reduction from RRP
Freebies, coupons and comps
- Try the new Origin anti-aging foundation serum, Plantscription SPF15, for free – ask for a sample at your nearest store.
- Buy February's Essentials mag (for £2.99) and turn to page 45 for a voucher entitling you to a free 30-minute Murad Youthful You facial. Book with your nearest participating salon by Thursday 31st January 2013.
- If you’re one of the millions vowing to get fit this year, bag a free pedometer from Tesco by 21st January 2013.
- Or work up a sweat doing the housework instead using a free pair of colourful Bizzybee gloves and a heavy duty Spontex scourer!
- Save up to £3 on Sudocrem Mousse via Facebook (one £2 voucher and another £1 voucher), expires 31st January 2013.
- Or, save 50p on any Kleenex Facial Cleansing Range when you like the Facebook page and print off the voucher, expires 15th February 2013.
Mobile phone deal
A hugely popular smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy SII could be yours for only £20.50 per month (24-month contract with Orange). You pay £49 for the handset but this is a good deal for heavy users with 100 inclusive minutes, unlimited texts and 500mb internet.
Compare other top mobile deals at Recombu.
If the onset of winter and the thought of cold months ahead is getting you down and you fancy a bit of indulgence you can check out all the latest restaurant bargains in lovemoney’s Frugal Food blog. Read more
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.