Frugal Friday - 23rd November 2012
This week's bargains and discounts include a flash sale at Dorothy Perkins, 20% off Office Shoes, Black Friday bargains at Amazon and Asda, a free mini manicure and series four of The Thick of It for £12.95.
Welcome to this week's Frugal Friday.
Fashion and homeware sales and discounts
- Accessorize (20% off with free delivery via Vouchercodes)
- Aldi (latest offers include wellies for £9.99)
- Ann Harvey (up to £30 off coats)
- Argos (save up to £100 on furniture see here for details)
- Asos (up to 30% off shoes and accessories)
- A-Wear (£10 off knits)
- Banana Republic (15% off when you sign up for newsletter)
- Barratts (25% off everything with code GIFT)
- BHS (up to 30% off coats this weeknd)
- Boden (15% off orders, plus free delivery via VoucherCodesPro)
- Burton (check here for Deal five of the 12 Deals of Christmas)
- Debenhams (25% off all dresses and men’s dinner suits, 10% off orders with XL27, ends 25th November)
- Dorothy Perkins (flash sale ends Sunday)
- Evans (Cardholders get 25% off today)
- Figleaves (20% off & free delivery with MVC code 20MVCFD, ends 25th November)
- Gap (15% off when you sign up for newsletter)
- JD Sports (free delivery with code FDEL2U)
- John Lewis (Price Match promotion)
- Jones (up to 50% off in sale)
- Karen Millen (20% off footwear and accessories with code COMPLETELOOK)
- Kurt Geiger (20% off with code KGXMAS20 online, ends 25th November)
- La Redoute (flash sale today with 50% off)
- Laura Ashley (30% off everything)
- Marks & Spencer (save 50% on these books and other festive gifts)
- Miss Selfridge (up to £15 off selected shoes and tops)
- Motel Rocks (15% off orders with MVC code MVCMOTELDEAL, ends 31st December)
- New Look (save 25% on all footwear online)
- Office (20% off with free delivery via Vouchercodes)
- Selfridges (ends 25th November, use code SELF20 for 20% off fashion/home and SELF10 for 10% off fragrance/wine/beauty)
- Tesco Clothing (new lines added to sale with up to 50% off)
- Tesco Direct (new customers can use TDX-WRKT for £10 off a £50 spend)
- ToysRUs (up to 60% off)
- Urban Outfitters (free delivery on all orders, extra 10% off with code UO10)
- Very (up to 40% off party time, half-price jewellery/watches).
- Warehouse (free delivery with code NOVDEL, 25% off selected dresses with DRESSME25)
Pucker up for these deals on all your beauty must-haves:
- Spend £35 on Benefit Cosmetics at Feel Unique and you get a free exclusive gift of Benefit Posietint Tinted Lip & Cheek Stain 2.5ml and Benefit Watt's Up! 2.5ml. Or shop online at Benefit and get a free Bella Bamba blusher worth £23.50 (offer ends 29th November).
- Use code SECRET at The Body Shop for 35% with free delivery, or use MVC code MVC2010 for £20 when you spend £40. Both codes expire Monday 26th November.
- Get a free mini manicure with promo packs of Always or Tampax available until 31st January 2013 – keep the sticker to take to the appointment (valid at 300 independent salons until 30th April 2013). Enter your postcode and the sticker number on the Always Manicure website to get a voucher.
- I just bagged myself a free full size Nails Inc (in a pretty gold sparkle but bright red and pale pink are on offer too) with Glamour magazine (only £2 and the varnish retails at £11 so you’re quids in). On shelves until 1st December.
- Remember you can save £10 on a £50 spend at Superdrug with code GIFTGUIDE12, ends Tuesday 4th December.
- Plenty of deals at Boots too including better than half-price No7 gift sets, buy one get one half price on selected make-up and the usual three for two deal on gifts and toys. Plus online only, earn £12 worth of points when you spend £75 or more on selected Premium Beauty.
Books & Games
Browse through the top deals for book worms:
- The book deals of the week at Amazon – all with at least 55% off – include Merry Christmas, Alex Cross by James Patterson and The Further Adventures of an Idiot Abroad by Karl Pilkington, both for £8.54 (RRP £18.99).
- Cook books are a big favourite for Christmas and there are some new ones out now including Jamie’s 15 Minute Meals by Jamie Oliver, £11.99 (RRP £26) at Amazon, and Nigellisima: Instant Italian Inspiration by Nigella Lawson, which is £12 (RRP £26) at Asda Direct.
Check out the best buys for gamers:
- For the Xbox 360, buy newly released DOOM 3 BFG Edition at The Game Collection where it costs £17.95 (RRP £23.95). And for another newish first-person shooter, Betheseda’s Dishonored (yes it pains me to spell it this way), for both the Xbox and PS3, is cheapest at ShopTo costing only £24.85 (RRP £49.99).
- Personally, I’ve never been one for a Christmas family singalong but if you fancy belting out a West End hit, you can buy Nintendo Wii game Andrew Lloyd Webber Musicals at Amazon for £17.99 (RRP £24.99), or dance the night away with this Just Dance 4 Special Edition for £20 (RRP £39.99).
Best buy DVDs and boxsets
Check out the deals below for some great deals on new and classic films and box sets.
Reduction from RRP
Freebies, coupons and competitions
- Get a free pack of O’Neill stickers.
- Nab a 30ml sample of St Ives invigorating scrub on Facebook – like the page, click on the “Dare To Bare” tab and follow the instructions before 14th December 2012.
- If you fancy a sun-kissed look snap up this free sample of the award-winning Sienna X fake tan.
- Get a free Nivea Lip Butter on the Look website (ends 12th December 2012) and free Mashooq hair oil on Yours.co.uk (ends 30th November 2012).
- There are 300 John Frieda freebies available on its Facebook page – click on the “Bag a Box” tab before it expires 4th December 2012.
- Not the most glamourous of competitions, but there’s no doubting its practical benefits - win one of 50 prizes for an entire year’s supply of Cushelle Supersize roll pack! Expires 13th January 2013.
- Or try this competition to win a free Rimmel goody bag (20 available) crammed full of beauty products. Expires 2nd December 2012.
Offer of the week
Celebrating Black Friday today – which marks the official opening of the Christmas shopping season – Asda has kicked off its own Black Friday Weekend bargains with deals running for 24 hours, or until stocks last.
And check out Amazon’s extended Black Friday Deals Week, live until Sunday 25th November.
Mobile phone deal of the week
Another iPhone deal this week, but this time for the iPhone 4S 16GB (white) – now that the latest model is out, deals on iPhone 4 are really competitive including this Orange contract for £36 per month which offers unlimited inclusive minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB internet (£29.99 to pay for the handset).
Compare other top mobile deals at Recombu.
If the onset of winter and the thought of cold months ahead is getting you down and you fancy a bit of indulgence you can check out all the latest restaurant bargains in lovemoney’s Frugal Food blog. Read more
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.