Frugal Friday - 9th November
This week's bargains and discounts include up to £10 off at Debenhams, 25% off at New Look, a £10 Oasis gift card, two items for free when you buy four at The Body Shop and series 1 & 2 of Sherlock for only £11.99!
Welcome to this week's Frugal Friday.
Fashion and homeware sales and discounts
- Ann Harvey (up to 50% off sale)
- Asda (up to 50% off in George sale)
- Asos (30% off jackets and jumpers)
- A-Wear (25% off peplum and winter warmers)
- Banana Republic (15% off when you sign up for newsletter)
- Barratts (20% off everything with code EVENT20)
- BHS (now up to 50% off across the store)
- Boots Photo (25% off creative photo products, ends 11th November)
- Burton (20% off everything if you like on Facebook)
- Debenhams (courtesy of the Daily Mail get 20% off online, or buy the paper today or tomorrow for a voucher saving you £5 on a £25 spend, or £10 off a £50 spend)
- Dorothy Perkins (up to 70% off sale)
- Figleaves (20% off Pour Moi? and 10% off for signing up to the newsletter)
- Gap (15% off when you sign up for newsletter)
- JD Sports (up to 60% off)
- Jones (up to £20 off selected boots)
- Karen Millen (20% off full-price with code YOU1)
- Kurt Geiger (25% off with code GRAZIA25, ends 13th November)
- La Redoute (30% off with code 8090)
- Laura Ashley (30% off girlswear until 11th November)
- Marks & Spencer (three for two in the Xmas shop)
- Matalan (save 20% on a £50 spend via VoucherCodes, ends 14th November)
- Miss Selfridge (new sale with up to 50% off)
- Motel Rocks (15% off orders with MVC code MVCMOTELDEAL, ends 31st December)
- New Look (save 25% in-store via VoucherCodes, ends 11th November)
- Oasis (£10 gift card in this week’s Look mag, use by 18th November)
- Office (£25 off selected items online)
- Sportsdirect (up to 80% off footwear and up to 90% off clothing)
- Tesco Direct (new customers can use TDX-WRKT for £10 off a £50 spend)
- ToysRUs (free delivery when you spend £29, ends 8th November)
- Urban Outfitters (extra 20% off sale with code EX20)
- Very (three for two toys, up to 30% off TVs).
- Wallis (up to 30% off coats and knitwear today only)
- Warehouse (up to £30 off coats)
Finally, the Comet liquidation sale has started, so be sure to head to your local store to see what bargains you can nab.
Get ready for Christmas on the cheap
- If you’re all in a tiz writing and sending dozens of Christmas cards you can at least feel better about the cost of all those stamps – at your nearest Superdrug you can save 5% on first class stamps (57p rather than 60p). Limited to 72 stamps per person, per day.
- Don’t let the flu ruin your festive fun - at any Sainsbury’s with a pharmacy service you can get a flu vaccination service for £8, but only until 13th November, after which it goes up to £10. Find your nearest Sainsbury’s store with a Pharmacy service.
- If you pick up a copy of December's Ideal Home magazine and turn to page 179 you’ll find a handy £20 Dwell voucher to use by Monday 26th November, with no minimum spend!
- Check for exclusive offers to save you money shopping online, for example, you can currently get £20% off orders £70 or over at Liberty London and 15% off at Astley Clarke through Stylecompare.co.uk.
- There are lots of offers to be had at The Body Shop so take your pick if you want to buy cheaper smellies for Christmas gifts. There’s buy four items and get the two cheapest for free with code WINTER, or get £20 off when you spend £40 with MVC code SHOPNOW (both end 12th November).
- For brand name beauty, you can save £3 on a £30 spend at Feel Unique with the code SAVE3OFF30, valid until 15th November. Check here for other codes.
Books & Games
Browse through the top deals for bookworms:
- The book deals of the week at Amazon – all with at least 55% off – include David Mitchell: Back Story for £9 (RRP £20), A Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy for £8.54 (RRP £18.99) and John Grisham’s The Racketeer for £9 (RRP £19.99).
- Also at Amazon buy 13 (Women of the Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong for £10.36 (RRP £16.99), Bones are Forever by Kathy Reichs for £8.86 (RRP £18.99) and the even cheerier sounding novel The Twenty-Year Death by Ariel S. Winter for £12.79 (RRP £18.99),
- If you’re shopping at Waterstones, save 10% when you spend at least £20 with the MVC code MY42008 (expires 11th November). And if you spend over £40 you can knock £5 off your order via Vouchercodespro (expires 8th December).
Check out the best buys for gamers:
- For Nintendo games under £10 head to Blockbuster to buy Rango for £7.98 (RRP £19.99) on the Wii and DS. And stay put for the DS version of De Blob 2, now only £4.98 (RRP £24.99), although if you want it for the Wii, it’s cheaper at Amazon Marketplace (costing £8.68 including delivery).
- If it’s a new PS3 game you’re after, The Hut is selling Resident Evil 6 for £24.95 (RRP £54.99). And for the Xbox Borderlands 2 is only £19.99 (RRP £49.99) at Game.
- And, remember there is still time to get £5 off a £15 spend at Blockbuster Marketplace (where you can buy pre-owned games and films) with code MVC51501, expires 11th November.
Best buy DVDs and boxsets
Check out the deals below for some great deals on new and classic films and box sets.
Reduction from RRP
Sherlock: Seasons 1 & 2 (Blu-Ray)
Freebies, coupons and competitions
- Grab a free sample of the L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Repair 10 BB Cream before 30th November 2012.
- Keep some Calpol on standby and save 50p on your next purchase when you enter this Facebook competition (as a thank you they will send you a 50p off voucher). Expires 30th November 2012.
- Save 50p on Velvet Almond Milk Toilet Tissues with this voucher, expires 12th January 2013.
- Use Garnier Intensive 7 Days Handcream to beat the wintry weather with this competition for a free 100ml bottle. There are 500 being given away so enter your details by 7th January 2013 to be in with a chance.
- More competitions for Garnier fans, with another 500 packs of its new Olia hair colours available and 50 bottles of Garnier Ultimate Beauty Oil, both ending 7th January 2013.
- There are 20 Crabtree & Evelyn’s Pomegranate, Argan & Grapeseed gift sets up for grabs via Woman & Home before midnight 6th December.
- Men can smell like Bond with one free 75ml bottle of the 007 limited edition fragrance as the first prize and 20 of the 50ml bottles for runner ups. Expires 5th December 2012.
- Change your hair colour for free by winning one of 50 Schwarzkopf LIVE Color packs (from the XXL Ultra Brights Collection). Ends 11th January 2013.
Competition of the week
Lemsip has 40 Amazon gift vouchers worth £10 to give-away. Simply like the Facebook page and use the app to send someone ‘a dose of Lemsip love’. Ends 30th November 2012.
Mobile phone deal of the week
If you want a swanky phone that does it all, the 4G-ready Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE is the latest and greatest. If you can pay £46 per month, sign up with T-Mobile and you get unlimited inclusive minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited internet (£39 to pay for the handset).
Compare other top mobile deals at Recombu.
If the onset of winter and the thought of cold months ahead is getting you down and you fancy a bit of indulgence you can check out all the latest restaurant bargains in lovemoney’s Frugal Food blog. Read more
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.