Frugal Friday - 5th October 2012
Highlights this week include 25% off at Burton, an extra 10% off sale items at House of Fraser, half-price sales at M&S and Monsoon, up to £7 off orders at Look Fantastic, £10 off at Tesco Direct, free and discounted wills, plus £55 off seasons 1-4 of 30 Rock!
Welcome to this week’s edition of Frugal Friday.
Frugal fashion and homewares
Let’s kick things off with the biggest fashion and homewares bargains…
- Aldo (extra 30% off sale)
- Ann Harvey (up to 50% off)
- Argos (a third off Emma Bunton clothes)
- A-Wear (up to 50% off)
- Banana Republic (up to 60% off)
- Barratts (up to 50% off)
- BHS (up to 50% off)
- Burton (25% off with AFF25, expires 7th October)
- Debenhams (up to 50% off)
- Evans (up to 50% off)
- Forever21 (up to 80% off sale)
- Gap (up to 60% off sale)
- House of Fraser (extra 10% off sale until Sunday)
- Jigsaw (up to 60% off)
- Jones (up to 20% off leather handbags)
- Karen Millen (£50 off coats)
- Kurt Geiger (up to 75% off)
- Laura Ashley (up to 50% off)
- LK Bennett (up to 60% off)
- Marks & Spencer (up to 50% off)
- Matalan (£5 off £25 spend with code s0512, £10 off £50 spend with code s1012)
- Miss Selfridge (up to 50% off sale)
- Monsoon (up to 50% off until Sunday)
- Oasis (extra 10% off sale with code extrasale10, ends 7th October)
- Phase Eight (up to 50% off)
- Republic (50% off dresses)
- Tesco Direct (£10 off a £75 spend with TD-MXTN, ends 28th October)
- Tie Rack (20% off hats, scarves, gloves)
- Urban Outfitters (free delivery all month)
- USC (up to 50% off)
- Wallis (new customers get £5 off orders over £25 with MVC code)
- Warehouse (up to 50% off)
Pucker up for these deals on all your beauty must-haves:
- There are several offers at E.L.F this week including free p&p with a mystery gift (use code GIFTSHIPUK) and 25% off everything (use code 25SURPRISE). Both have a minimum spend of £20 and expire at 10.30am on 8th October.
- The latest freebies at Feel Unique include a free Elizabeth Arden Autumn Skin Kit worth over £22 when you buy any two Elizabeth Arden products (one must be skincare) and a free 2.5ml Benefit Sun Beam Golden Bronze Complexion Highlighter sample with any two Benefit products.
- At Lookfantastic you save £7 when you spend £70 with code EARLY7, £5 when you spend £50 with code EARLY5 or £3 when you spend £30 with code EARLY3. All valid until Sunday 7th October.
- Members of The Body Shop get 30% off with free delivery (no code required). But if you’re not a cardholder, you can still use code 50BUTTER for 50% off body butters.
Book bargains and game discounts
Browse through the top deals for book worms:
- For new releases, buy Swimming Home by Deborah for £5.58 (RRP £7.99) and the fabulously named Fifty Sheds of Grey: Erotica for the Not-too-modern Male by C.T. Grey for £8.86 (RRP £9.99), both at The Book Depository.
- Amazon is your best bet for The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling (not a wizard or Quidditch game in sight) for £9 (RRP £20).
- And the Book Deals of the Week (which all have at least 55% off their original retail price) at Amazon include Nigellissima by Nigella Lawson for £10.80 (RRP £26), A Possible Life by Sebastian Faulks for £8.54 (RRP £18.99) and The Hydrogen Sonata (Culture 10) by Iain M Banks for £9 (RRP £20).
Check out the best buys for gamers:
- Starting with ShopTo, you can save 50% on Nintendo 3DS game Spirit Camera The Cursed Memoir, now £14.86 (RRP £29.99). And at Amazon grab another DS game Pokemon Conquest for £22.99 (RRP £29.99).
- Shop via Play Trade and you can bag Ninja Gaiden 3 on the PS3 for only £6 (RRP £49.99.
- Check for codes before you shop; you can save £10 on orders over £100 at Zavvi (BIGSPENDER, expires 31st October) and The Hut (MVCHUTOCT, expires 7th October). And if you spend £30 at Sendit you can knock £3 off your order with VCSENDIT3, which also expires 7th October.
Best buy DVDs and boxsets
Now on to the best DVD deals this week:
Reduction from RRP
Freebies, coupons and comps
Grab the latest freebies, samples and discounts:
- Nab a sample of Idealia Pro Corrector (for uneven skintone) on the Vichy UK Facebook page.
- Like Garnier UK on Facebook and then watch a YouTube clip to access a free voucher for 50p off any product from the Pure Active Fruit range.
- Aloe King is back with free samples of its Aloe Vera shampoo over on Facebook.
- Claim a 19ml sample of Colgate’s new MaxWhite toothpaste.
- YSL is making you work for your freebie – a 1.5ml sample of its Manifesto perfume – so you have to Like their Facebook page and answer eight (easy) questions. Offer ends 19th October.
- Sample the new Maestro Fusion Makeup from Giorgio Armani by liking the Facebook page by the 31st October.
- Sky Movie customers can claim free cinema tickets to see Hit & Run (book by 5pm 9th October).
- Head to the Simply Health UK Facebook page and give them a Like then download the app so that £1 is donated to Heart Research UK on your behalf.
Offer of the week
If you’re over 55 you can get a free will (via Freewillsmonth.org.uk) now at various places all over England and Wales.
But if not, you can still save money because this November is Will Aid month during which you can get a solicitor to draft a will with no fee to pay except a donation of £40 (for a codicil), £90 (for a basic will), or £135 (for a pair of mirror wills) to one of nine charities.
Places get booked up quickly so make your appointment now.
Mobile phone deal of the week
With the iPhone 5 out it’s a great time to save money on the Apple iPhone 4S which is on offer with 3 Mobile for only £29 per month (and £29 payable for the handset) with unlimited internet, 5,000 texts and 500 minutes.
Compare other top mobile deals at Recombu.
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.