Frugal Friday - 28th September 2012
Highlights this week include new sales at M&S, Debenhams, John Lewis and Banana Republic, up to 25% off brands at House of Fraser, £5 off beauty at Feel Unique, 30% off cinema tickets, iPhone 5 with unlimited data for £36 per month and season 2 of Downton Abbey for £7!
Welcome to this week’s edition of Frugal Friday.
Frugal fashion and homewares
Let’s kick things off with the biggest fashion and homewares bargains…
- Aldo (check the Daily Deal)
- Ann Harvey (at least 20% off everything)
- Argos (free £5 voucher/£50 spend, £10 voucher/£100 spend, ends 30th Sept)
- Asos (20% off Asos Collection)
- Banana Republic (up to 50% off)
- Barratts (20% off everything, free p&p with code FREEBIES)
- BHS (£5 off a £25 spend & £10 off a £50 spend via Vouchercodes.co.uk ends 30th September)
- Boohoo (use code SEPT10 for 10% off)
- Debenhams (up to 50% off, use code TT76 for 10% off beauty, ends today)
- Dorothy Perkins (up to 30% off everything)
- Evans (up to 30% off)
- FCUK (20% off full price with code 20STYLIST, ends 29th September)
- Forever21 (Fall Favourites under £20)
- Gap (up to 60% off sale)
- House of Fraser (up to 25% off Brand Event, ends today)
- Jigsaw (up to 60% off)
- John Lewis (Price Match, ends today)
- Jones (up to 20% off leather handbags)
- Karen Millen (£50 off coats)
- Laura Ashley (up to 50% off)
- LK Bennett (up to 70% off)
- Marks & Spencer (up to 50% off Per Una, 20% off knitwear)
- Matalan (£5 off £25 spend with code s0512, £10 off £50 spend with code s1012)
- Miss Selfridge (up to 50% off sale)
- New Look (up to 50% off)
- Oasis (up to 50% off)
- Phase Eight (up to 50% off mid season)
- Republic (up to 70% off sale)
- Tie Rack (20% off hats, scarves, gloves)
- Urban Outfitters (use code AUTM15 for 15% off these items, ends 30th September)
- USC (up to 50% off)
- Wallis (up to 50% off)
- Warehouse (up to 50% off)
Pucker up for these deals on all your beauty must-haves:
- At Halfpriceperfumes.co.uk you can already buy various Goody hairbrushes for just £4.99 but they are also included in the three for two Pick and Mix promo. And, as a treat for newsletter subscribers, add Nivea Beaute Colour Shine Lipstick to your cart (worth £6.99) and enter the code FreeNiveaLippy to get it for free (you pay £2.49 p&p).
- You can still use code AUTUMN at The Body Shop for 50% off when you buy eight items, but, if you only want to spend £5, use code MVCBUTTER for 30% off with a free 200ml Body Butter to boot. Ends 30th September.
- For savings at Feel Unique use code EARLYAUTUMN for £2 off when you spend £20, or SAVEINSEPT for £5 off when you spend £40. Both codes expire 30th September.
- Benefit fans can save £15 on any order with code AUTUMN, valid only until midday Saturday 29th September.
- Check out the Green People clearance sale for organic beauty brands with up to 50% off.
Book bargains and game discounts
Browse through the top deals for book worms:
- At Tesco Direct pick up Thor Hansen’s Feathers for £13.29 (RRP £18.99) and hop over to The Book Depository to buy The Storm (Numa Files) by Clive Cussler for £12.79 (RRP £18.99).
- Amazon has the best price for both The Night the Angels Came by Cathy Glass at £4.63 (RRP £6.99) and Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire at £4.79 (RRP £7.99).
- Finally, the Book Deals of the Week (which all have at least 55% off their original retail price) at Amazon include 1356 by Bernard Cornwell for £8.54 (RRP £18.99), The Power Trip by Jackie Collins for £7.49 (RRP £16.99) and Zom-B by Darren Shan for £5.84 (RRP £12.99).
Check out the best buys for gamers:
- Top buys at Amazon include Lego Ninjago at £12 (RRP £29.99) and Super Scribblenauts for £5.50 (RRP £29.99), both for the Nintendo DS. Or play Let’s Draw instead, costing £12.98 (RRP £19.99) at Game.
- Also for the DS, you can buy Disney Princess: Enchanting Storybooks (uDraw) for £7.95 (RRP £29.99) at Zavvi and Xbox/PS3 gamers can grab Dynasty Warriors 7 for £14.95 (RRP £49.99) at The Hut.
Best buy DVDs and boxsets
Now on to the best DVD deals this week:
Reduction from RRP
Freebies, coupons and comps
Grab the latest freebies, samples and discounts:
- Like the Ever Green Farm page for a free sample of its Rose Day Cream.
- Fill in this form for a free sample of James Bond 007 fragrance for men.
- Or try a free sample of Redken shampoo when you like the Facebook page and enter your details.
- Hangbag.com has 50 bottles of Vosene’s Colour Protect Shampoo and Conditioner to give away. Offer ends 2nd October.
- You could be one of 100 Company Mag readers to win some BlanX Advanced Whitening toothpaste (worth over £7). Fill in the form by 2nd October.
- Be one of 200 lucky people to win a Hervana umbrella from Benefit Cosmetics.
Offer of the week
And, film fans don’t forget you can save 30% on Odeon cinema tickets until 18th October.
Mobile phone deal of the week
If you’re desperate for the brand spanking new Apple iPhone 5 16GB it could be yours for £36 per month when you sign up with 3 Mobile. You pay £79 for the handset but you get unlimited internet, 5,000 texts and 2,000 minutes.
Compare other top mobile deals at Recombu.
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.