Frugal Friday - 31st August 2012
Highlights this week include Blue Cross Sale time at House of Fraser, 25% off at Habitat and Warehouse, 20% off at Clarks, up to £8 off at Lookfantastic until midnight, an Elizabeth Arden set for £22.50, 15% off Tesco DVD boxsets and Cinderella 1, 2 and 3 for £20!
Welcome to this week’s edition of Frugal Friday.
Frugal fashion and homewares
Let’s kick things off with the biggest fashion and homewares bargains…
- Amazon (up to 75% off)
- Asda (10% off a £15 spend with MVC code)
- Asos (up to 70% off)
- Austin Reed (up to 70% off)
- Barratts (20% off heels & courts)
- BHS (up to 70% off)
- Clarks (use BSTYLE for 20% off, ends 4th September)
- Debenhams (up to £20 off jeans, 10% off fragrance)
- Dorothy Perkins (final clearance up to 70% off)
- Dune (up to 50% off sandals)
- Figleaves (up to 50% off)
- Flannels (extra 10% off clearance with EXTRA10, ends 9am 4th September)
- FCUK (up to 75% off)
- Gap (25% off knitwear, up to 70% off sale)
- Habitat (use code HAB25 for 25% off selected items)
- H&M (save 25% on first order when you sign up for the newsletter)
- Hobbs (final clearance with up to 70% off)
- House of Fraser (up to 70% off)
- Jane Norman (up to 75% off)
- Jigsaw (up to 60% off)
- Jones (final clearance up to 70% off)
- Karen Millen (up to 70% off)
- Kurt Geiger (up to 70% off)
- Laura Ashley (up to 30% off)
- LK Bennett (up to 70% off)
- Marks & Spencer (up to 50% off sale & free delivery on schoolwear)
- Miss Selfridge (up to £15 off going out)
- Motel Rocks (30% off with VCSEP09, ends 12th September)
- New Look (25% off back to school)
- Oasis (15% off with code WHYNOT15, ends 2nd September)
- Phase Eight (half-price sale)
- Reiss (up to 70% off)
- Store Twenty One (up to 70% off)
- Tie Rack (25% off ties & scarves)
- Uniqlo (up to 75% off in sale)
- Urban Outfitters (use code SCHWEET for £1 delivery)
- Wallis (up to £15 off dresses)
- Warehouse (use code VC25AW or this voucher in store for 25% off, ends 1st September)
Pucker up for these deals on all your beauty must-haves:
- Starting with the Feel Unique sale, saving you up to 50%, this exclusive Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Set is only £22.50 (RRP £54.40) and contains the Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant 15ml, Cream Intensive Daily Moisturizer For Face SPF 15 50ml and Lip Protectant Stick SPF15 3.7g.
- At Cheapsmells there is a L’Oreal sale – this L'Oreal Professional Mythic Oil for your hair has 41% off at £12.95 (RRP £22) and this Densite Densifying Shampoo for men has 39% off at £10.95 (RRP £17.99). The summer fragrance sale is also on, with up to 70% off.
- Superdrug offers include two for £11.99 on selected Durex, three for two on all L’Oreal make-up and two for £10 on Maybelline.
- And at The Body Shop you get 50% off with the code PAY50, ending noon Sunday 2nd September (£2.99 p&p)
- If you’re shopping online at Lookfantastic use code MATCHED8 for £8 off a £100 spend, MATCHED5 for £5 off a £60 spend and MATCHED2 for £2 off a £30 spend, but move quickly as they expire at midnight tonight.
Book bargains and game discounts
Browse through the top deals for book worms:
- There are five Book Deals of the Week (which all have at least 55% off their original retail price) at Amazon including Kingdom of the Wicked by Derek Landy for £6.74 (RRP £14.99), Gods and Warriors by Michelle Paver for £5.84 (RRP £12.99) and Spartacus: Rebellion (Spartacus 2) by Ben Kane for £5.84 (RRP £12.99).
- At The Book Depository you can pick up The Little Girl In The Radiator: Mum, Alzheimer's and Me by Martin Slevin for £6.22 (RRP £8.99) and Ancient Light by John Banville for £11.20 (RRP £16.99).
- Then at Waterstones Lost Angel by Mandasue Heller is £4.41 (RRP £6.99). You can also use MVC code TD707 for 10% off when you spend £25 on books, ending 6th September.
Check out the best buys for gamers:
- There are lots of new PC games out including Legends of Pegasus which is £22.85 (RRP £34.99) at ShopTo and Dark Souls: Prepare to Die, cheapest at Tesco for £26.52 (RRP £39.99).
- Also at ShopTo another PC game, Sleeping Dogs, is £24.85 (RRP £34.99). But if you want new shooter game Dragon’s Dogma on the Xbox head to Sendit where the game is on for £32.89 + £1.99 p&p (RRP £49.99).
- Heading back to ShopTo, PS3 limited edition game Dungeon Siege 3 is only £8.86 (RRP £49.99) and you can buy X-Men Destiny on the PS3 for £9.95 (RRP £49.99) at The Hut.
Best buy DVDs and boxsets
Now on to the best DVD deals this week – but before you shop note that you can currently save 15% on boxsets at Tesco with the code 15BOXSET, valid until 2nd September.
Reduction from RRP
Freebies and coupons
Grab the latest freebies, samples and discounts:
- There are 5,000 1ml samples of TSUYA skin serum up for grabs on the Shu Uemura UK Facebook page.
- Lancome is giving away samples of the brand new La Vie Est Belle Perfume.
- You can also save £1 on Simple deodorant, valid at Boots until 27th September.
- Fake it with Tan -Tone UK on Facebook for a free pack of their White to Brown wipes – simply Like the page and send them a message to claim yours.
- For a bit of fun, enter your details for a free pack of “Do This Better” stickers.
Offer of the week
If you’re on the hunt for a present, MVC has two handy codes; use MVCMAGIC20 to save 20% on a £60 spend at the Disney Store (expires 3rd September) and MVC20 for 20% off orders at Buyagift (expires 1st September).
And, exclusively for lovemoney.com readers, get free shipping on orders over £10 at Utterlypersonal.co.uk using code FrugalFriday, valid until the 30th September.
Mobile phone deal of the week
Virgin Mobile is offering a great deal for heavy users with the ZTE Grand X (black) costing £32 per month on a 24-month contract which gives you 2500 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet, with nothing to pay for the handset.
Compare other top mobile deals at Recombu.
Competitions of the week
Today is your last chance to win one of 100 full sized Clinique Even Better Eyes products with this competition which automatically enters you into a draw to win an ‘Even Better’ goody bag.
If you miss that one, Revlon has free beauty goodies to give away on Facebook every single week until the 1st October.
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.