Frugal Friday - 24th August 2012
Highlights this week include £5 off George at Asda, £20 off a £50 spend at Gap, 20% off all men's suits at M&S, £12 Travelodge rooms, 20% off a Family & Friends Railcard, up to 50% off at The Body Shop and £88 off season 1-5 of Dexter!
Welcome to this week’s edition of Frugal Friday.
Frugal fashion and homewares
Let’s kick things off with the biggest fashion and homewares bargains…
- Amazon (up to 75% off)
- Asda (spend £50 and save £5 with code bankhol305)
- Asos (extra 10% off sale with EXTRA10)
- Austin Reed (up to 70% off)
- Barratts (up to 70% off)
- BHS (up to 70% off)
- Debenhams (30% off all home, 20% off formal shirts & Red Herring suits)
- Dorothy Perkins (15% off everything online and in-store)
- Dune (up to 50% off sandals)
- Figleaves (up to 50% off)
- Flannels (up to 80% off designer)
- FCUK (up to 75% off)
- Gap (save £20 on a £50 spend with code GAPSAVE)
- Habitat (up to 20% off)
- H&M (up to 70% off)
- Hobbs (up to 70% off)
- House of Fraser (up to 70% off)
- Jaeger (up to 70% off)
- Jane Norman (up to 75% off)
- Jones (final clearance up to 70% off)
- Karen Millen (up to 70% off)
- Kurt Geiger (up to 70% off)
- Laura Ashley (up to 30% off home)
- LK Bennett (up to 70% off)
- Marks & Spencer (up to 30% off in home event, 20% off all men’s suits)
- Miss Selfridge (up to £15 off going out, £7 off denim & pussybow blouses)
- New Look (25% off back to school)
- Oasis (15% off with code WHYNOT15)
- Phase Eight (half-price sale)
- Reiss (up to 70% off)
- River Island (free p&p until midnight)
- Sainsbury’s Tu (25% off everything this weekend)
- Store Twenty One (up to 70% off)
- Uniqlo (up to 75% off in sale)
- Urban Outfitters (use MVC code for 20% off & free delivery on orders over £75)
- Wallis (up to 30% off all petite)
- Warehouse (up to 60% off)
- White Stuff (up to 50% off)
Days out and travel bargains
If you’re out and about with the family, or looking for cheap travel, check these deals:
- Get BOGOF on tickets for bowling at your nearest Bowlplex for with this voucher until 30th August (valid Monday to Friday).
- Vouchercodes.co.uk is offering exclusive two for one entry into Drayton Manor with £5 off Family Meal Deals & Rainy Day Guarantee, expires 9th September.
- You can also grab two for one tickets for Camelot (ends 2nd September) and Cadbury World (ends 30th September).
- If you’re going to the Foodies Festival in Oxford this weekend enter the code FOODIES241 before you select the day and number of tickets required and you’ll get two tickets for the price of one. Expires on Sunday 26th August.
- There’s still time to bag a £12 room at Travelodge in the price drop sale, saving you up to 70%.
- This weekend buy the Sunday Telegraph for a special code to use at train booking site RedSpottedHanky and you will be credited with £10 in your account to spend on any train ticket before 31st December 2012.
- Remember you can save 20% on a one year Family & Friends Railcard – enter the code OFFER20 before 2nd September and it’s yours for £22.40 (RRP £28).
- Finally, Zipcar is offering 50% off annual subscriptions and £30 driving credit this weekend with the code #getoutandzip.
Book bargains and game discounts
Browse through the top deals for book worms:
- Make the most of the exclusive MVC code JULCHA saving you 20% when you spend £20 at The Works, expiring 10th September.
- Head to Amazon for up to 50% off University books and while you’re there you can pick up the hardback version of John Grisham’s The Litigators from a Marketplace seller for only £2.79 with no p&p.
- Another Marketplace bargain is Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas for £1.95 (RRP £7.99) and from Amazon grab The Woman Who Died A Lot by for £9.99 (RRP £16.99).
Check out the best buys for gamers:
- Brand new game Super Mario Bros 2 for the Nintendo DS is cheapest at Amazon – get it for £29.99 in total (RRP £39.99) from a Marketplace seller.
- The 13th instalment of the Japanese role-play game Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice Of Arland is £34.95 for the PS3 (RRP £49.99) at The Hut. And from last year, Darksiders: Wrath of War is £11.70 (RRP £49.99) at Amazon.
- And, for the Xbox or the PS3 you can buy Resident Evil - Operation Raccoon City for £28.49 (RRP £49.99) at 101CD.
Best buy DVDs and boxsets
Now on to the best DVD deals this week:
Reduction from RRP
Freebies and coupons
Grab the latest freebies, samples and discounts:
- Claim your free sample of Boss Nuit Pour Femme Fragrance – or enter your details for one of the other Boss fragrances instead!
- This week at What’s In My Handbag you get to try Oskia Renaissance Mask for free – login and enter your details by 27th August to claim your 15ml sample.
- Save 50p on your next purchase of Post It notes with this voucher, expires 31st October 2012.
Offer of the week
At The Body Shop this weekend save £25 when you spend £50 with code ONE, save 40% with code TWO and get 50% off one product with code THREE. Use by noon Tuesday 28th August.
And an extra offer to get your teeth into - Boots is offering 10 points for every £1 you spend whether in-store on online, just for the bank holiday weekend.
Mobile phone deal of the week
For £36 per month you can snap up the Samsung Galaxy S3 with Orange. Sign up via Recombu and pay £29.99 upfront for an exclusive deal of unlimited texts and unlimited minutes every month, plus 1GB internet and a massive £149.99 cashback!
Compare other top mobile deals at Recombu.
Competitions of the week
Or try your luck at getting one of 500 free bottles of Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days instead – enter your details before the 31st August.
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.