Frugal Friday - 17th August 2012
Highlights this week include a new half-price sale on George at Asda, £5 off a £25 spend on kidswear and free p&p on school uniforms at M&S, 25% off kids and baby at Gap, £20 spa treats at Lastminute.com and £30 off the complete series of Saved by The Bell!
Welcome to this week’s edition of Frugal Friday.
Frugal fashion and homewares
Let’s kick things off with the biggest fashion and homewares bargains…
- Accessorize (up to 70% off ends online today)
- Amazon (up to 75% off)
- Asda (up to 50% off)
- Asos (up to 50% off)
- Austin Reed (up to 70% off)
- Barratts (up to 70% off)
- BHS (up to 70% off)
- Clarks (save up to 50% on adult sandals)
- Debenhams (20% off selected occasionwear)
- Dorothy Perkins (20% off all shoes ends today)
- Dune (up to 50% off sandals)
- Figleaves (20% off selected lingerie and 15% off Calvin Klein)
- Flannels (designer clearance with up to 80% off)
- FCUK (up to 75% off)
- Gap (use code GAPKBSALE for 25% off kids & baby, ends 19th Aug)
- Halfords (use MVC for 15% off camping, ends 19th Aug)
- H&M (up to 70% off)
- Hobbs (up to 70% off)
- House of Fraser (up to 70% off)
- Jaeger (up to 70% off)
- Jane Norman (up to 75% off)
- Jones (all sale half-price or less)
- Karen Millen (up to 70% off)
- Kurt Geiger (up to 70% off)
- Laura Ashley (up to 25% off)
- LK Bennett (up to 70% off)
- Marks & Spencer (up to 25% off all dresses, free p&p on school uniforms)
- Miss Selfridge (use code AUGTREAT for free p&p when you spend £40)
- New Look (up to 50% off)
- Oasis (up to 70% off)
- Phase Eight (extra 10% off half-price sale)
- Reiss (up to 70% off)
- River Island (up to 70% off)
- Store Twenty One (up to 70% off)
- Urban Outfitters (£1 p&p with code SHWEET this week)
- Uniqlo (use MVC code for £5 off a £40 spend)
- Wallis (30% off all dresses/petite, £1 p&p worldwide with code GIFT1)
- Warehouse (20% off full-price with code orange20, ends 19th Aug)
- White Stuff (up to 50% off)
Pucker up for these deals on all your beauty must-haves:
- Lastminute.com is offering £20 spa days with a treatment – the offer starts today and there are 20 participating spas in the UK, but you’ll need to get your spa treat no later than Wednesday 22nd August.
- Save 25% on frames and get a free second pair with free delivery at Glasses Direct using the MVC code MVC25GD which expires this Sunday, 19th August.
- You can buy premium beauty and fragrance products online at Boots with free delivery and earn four Advantage Card points for every £1 you spend.
- Knock 20% off orders at Avon using the code 20OFF at the checkout. Again you only have until this Sunday to use it so see what’s on offer now.
- Benefit is offering 20% off Cabana Glama (use code GLAMA) until 15th August and a free BADgal Lash Deluxe Mini when you spend £45 (no code required).
- This week at The Body Shop save 50% on Shea Butter and get 30% off the rest of the range. Plus if you spend £5 you get a free 60ml travel-sized hair product.
Book bargains and game discounts
Browse through the top deals for book worms:
- Don’t miss the six Book Deals of the Week (which all have at least 55% off their original retail price) at Amazon which includes The Kingmaker's Daughter (Cousins War 4) by Philippa Gregory and Bones Are Forever by Kathy Reichs both for £8.54 (RRP £18.99), plus Lorraine Pascale's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food for £8.28 (RRP £20).
- For other cook book bargains, another Lorraine Pascale book, Home Cooking Made Easy is £11.71 (RRP £20) at Play Trade and Hugh Fearnley Whttingstall’s River Cottage Veg Everyday is cheapest at The Book People costing only £9.99 plus £1.95 p&p (RRP £25).
- Check out the Sainsbury’s Entertainment deals of the week too – it has the best price for hardback Guilty Wives by James Patterson at only £7.99 (RRP £18.99) and The Drowning by Camilla Lackberg for only £3.99 (RRP £7.99).
Check out the best buys for gamers:
- Grab Xbox 360 game Dead Island at Tesco for only £14.97 (RRP £19.99) but head to Game to buy Inversion on the Xbox or PS3 for only £17.99 (RRP £49.99)
- Next up, from last year Saints Row: The Third (PS3) is available at The Game Collection for £14.95 (RRP £49.99) and you can save on Game of Thrones (Xbox) at Play Trade, now £19.99 (RRP £44.99).
- Finally, for the PC, Prototype 2 is £27.09 (RRP £34.99) at Base and it’ll cost you just £5.95 (RRP £9.99) to buy PC game Escape the Emerald Star at The Hut.
Best buy DVDs and boxsets
Now on to the best DVD deals this week:
Reduction from RRP
Freebies and coupons
Grab the latest freebies, samples and discounts:
- Claim a free face mask from Superdrug – simply show your Superdrug Beauty Card (sign-up here) in-store and they will hand it over!
- Comme Des Garcons Parfumes is giving away free samples of its fragrances for men (three to choose from).
- Claim your free full-size Garnier Clear Sensation Deodorant here (only 2,000 up for grabs so register now!).
- For the kids, win a Goodness Gang cuddly toy on Facebook (one given away every day until 25th August). Or, print off a free Disney door hanger and bag free Dino goodies from Dynamic Earth.
- Almost free! If you or your kids love Beano grab a free personalised Beano poster at Gone Digging. Simply select your poster and enter the code FREEBEANOPOSTER. This will take off £9.99 making the poster free! The only charge is £3.50 for p&p.
Offer of the week
Mobile phone deal of the week
Competition of the week
Win one of 100 free 200ml bottles of Jergens Skin Firming Body Moisturiser on the Facebook page. Enter the competition before 31st August and for the men, enter this competition to win the Wilkinson Hydro 5 razor – you need to Like the Facebook page by today to be in with a chance.
And for anyone who loves a good clean, this Facebook competition is giving away free Dettol No Touch Hand Wash Systems (which automatically senses hands and dispenses soap). Enter by the 27th August.
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.