Frugal Friday - 10th August 2012
Highlights this week include 25% off at M&S and Wallis, £5 off a £40 spend at Uniqlo, free perfume samples from Orla Kiely, Escada and Guerlain and £54 off seasons 1-8 of Two and a Half Men!
Welcome to this week’s edition of Frugal Friday.
Frugal fashion and homewares
Let’s kick things off with the biggest fashion and homewares bargains…
- Accessorize (up to 70% off)
- Amazon (up to 75% off)
- Asda (25% off selected George dresses)
- Asos (30% off Flashdance)
- Austin Reed (up to 70% off)
- Barratts (up to 70% off plus extra 20% off selected lines)
- BHS (up to 70% off)
- Clarks (save up to 50% on adult sandals)
- Debenhams (up to 70% off)
- Dorothy Perkins (20% off dresses ends today)
- Dune (up to 50% off sandals)
- Dwell (up to 70% off)
- Evans (£10 off formalwear)
- Figleaves (20% off selected lingerie and 15% off Calvin Klein)
- Flannels (designer clearance with up to 80% off)
- FCUK (up to 75% off)
- Gap (up to 60% off)
- Harvey Nichols (at least 60% off ends Sun)
- H&M (up to 70% off)
- Hobbs (up to 70% off)
- House of Fraser (up to 70% off)
- Jaeger (up to 70% off)
- Jane Norman (up to 75% off)
- Jones (all sale half-price or less)
- Karen Millen (up to 70% off)
- Kurt Geiger (up to 70% off)
- LK Bennett (up to 70% off)
- Marks & Spencer (25% off plus 30% off kidswear)
- Miss Selfridge (up to 70% off)
- New Look (up to 50% off)
- Oasis (up to 70% off)
- Phase Eight (extra 10% off half-price sale)
- Reiss (up to 70% off)
- Republic (up to 70% off)
- River Island (up to 50% off)
- Store Twenty One (up to 70% off)
- Timberland (up to 50% off)
- Urban Outfitters (use code UK15 for £15 off a £100 spend)
- Uniqlo (use MVC code for £5 off a £40 spend)
- Wallis (Up to 30% off)
- Whistles (up to 70% off)
- White Stuff (up to 50% off)
Pucker up for these deals on all your beauty must-haves:
- A great one for fans of the The Body Shop again this week; use code OFFER1530 to save £15 when you spend £30 online (ends noon 13th August). If you’re shopping in-store you can take this printable voucher along with you instead.
- Exciting news at Feel Unique too with a new outlet section saving you up to 70% on beauty products from big-name brands such as Beauty Works, Fake Bake, Eylure, Juicy Couture and Shiseido.
- Over at Boots you can save up to 50% on selected fragrances here with triple points to boot when you buy 50ml bottles. Plus its BOGOF on selected suncare and three for two on baby products and No7.
Book bargains and game discounts
Browse through the top deals for bookworms:
- At Amazon you can save up to 60% on books in the Summer Bargains promo. Top picks include John Grisham’s hardback Calico Joe for £6.20 (RRP £14.99), Be The Worst That You Can Be by Charles Saatchi for £4.20 (RRP £9.99) and Wagamama Cookbook and DVD by Hugo Arnold for £7.64 (RRP £14.99).
- Pick up The Power by Rhonda Byrne for only £4.71 (RRP £14.99) at Play and at The Book Depository you can buy The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight for £10.49 (RRP £14.99).
- Don’t forget to keep an eye out for free Kindle books – right now Amazon is giving away Miranda Hart’s eBook No, It’s Us Too.
Check out the best buys for gamers:
- For PS3 games released this year, you can buy Star Hawk for £37.85 (RRP £49.99) at Simply Games and Men in Black for £14.99 (RRP £49.99) at Amazon.
- Or for the Xbox, Spec Ops: The Line is only £27.99 (RRP £49.99) at Game or GameStation and Risen 2: Dark Waters is cheapest at Play costing £31.99 (RRP £49.99).
- Finally, Nintendo fans can buy these Wii games: Alice in Wonderland is £18.78 (RRP £29.99) at Tesco, Pandora’s Tower is £24.85 (RRP £39.99) at ShopTo and Karaoke Revolution Glee is £13.69 (RRP £29.99) at 101CD.
Best buy DVDs and boxsets
Now on to the best DVD deals this week:
Reduction from RRP
Freebies and coupons
Grab the latest freebies, samples and discounts:
- What’s In My Handbag is offering free samples of Orla Kiely eau de parfum Purse Spray.
- Fill in your details here and pick an Escada fragrance sample to be sent to you in the post.
- Durto Parfums has launched a new Facebook page and to celebrate it is giving away free samples of the Lady Cool and Golden Boy fragrance.
- Take the Garnier Ultralift challenge and you get a 14-day UltraLift sample pack for free.
- Or fill in this form instead for a free sample of the new Maybelline Dream Fresh BB.
- Sky movie customers can claim two free cinema tickets for When The Lights Went Out. Book by 5pm on the 20th August 2012.
Offer of the week
Sign up in-store for the Blockbuster Kids' Summer Movie Rental Pass from £5 and you get unlimited rental for kids films. You can still only rent one kids' DVD/Blu-ray at a time, but as many times as you like until Sunday 16th September. The titles are only 99p but as long as you rent out more than five films until that date you’ve saved money.
Mobile phone deal of the week
Get the Samsung Galaxy S3 (white) for £31 per month when you sign up for 24-months with 3 Mobile. This contract gives you 2000 minutes, 5000 texts and unlimited data for free every month, but you do need to pay £29 for the handset.
Competition of the week
If you’re feeling patriotic, enter these two Stylish competitions: First up, win a Links of London Union Jack pendant worth £200, or try this competition to win a special edition white Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle (complete with console, Kinsect Sensor and wireless controller) with commemorative Union Flag skins to decorate it. Both comps end 21st August.
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.