Frugal Friday - 3rd August 2012
Highlights this week include an extra 10% off sales at Clarks and Dorothy Perkins, a free £15 voucher for Dwell with no minimum spend, free perfume samples, season 4 of Gossip Girl for £12.99 and over £109 off the complete collection of Six Feet Under!
Welcome to this week’s edition of Frugal Friday.
Frugal fashion and homewares
Let’s kick things off with the biggest fashion and homewares bargains…
- Accessorize (up to 70% off)
- Amazon (up to 75% off)
- Asos (up to 30% off)
- Austin Reed (up to 70% off)
- Barratts (up to 70% off)
- BHS (online use BHS20 for 20% off)
- Cath Kidston (up to 50% off)
- Clarks (use code BONUS10 for 10% off until 7th Aug)
- Coast (up to 50% off)
- Currys (up to 30% off)
- Debenhams (up to 70% off)
- Dorothy Perkins (an extra 10% off sale)
- Dune (extra 20% off sale with code DUNEW26, ends 4h Aug)
- Dwell (up to 70% off)
- East (up to 50% off)
- Figleaves (20% off everything with code TWENTY)
- Firetrap (up to 70% off)
- Flannels (half-price sale)
- FCUK (up to 75% off)
- Gap (up to 60% off)
- Harvey Nics (at least 60% off)
- H&M (up to 70% off)
- Hobbs (up to 70% off)
- House of Fraser (up to 70% off)
- Jaeger (up to 70% off)
- Jane Norman (up to 75% off)
- Jones (all sale half-price or less)
- Joules (£10 off a £50 spend with MVC, ends 5th Aug)
- Karen Millen (up to 70% off)
- Kurt Geiger (up to 70% off)
- Laura Ashley (up to 50% off)
- LK Bennett (up to 70% off)
- Marks & Spencer (10% off with code SUMMERMS, ends 8th Aug)
- Miss Selfridge (up to 70% off)
- New Look (up to 50% off)
- Oasis (up to 50% off)
- Phase Eight (up to 50% off)
- Reiss (up to 70% off)
- Republic (up to 70% off)
- River Island (up to 50% off)
- Store Twenty One (up to 70% off)
- Timberland (up to 50% off)
- Urban Outfitters (use code UK15 for £15 off a £100 spend)
- Wallis (up to 30% off dresses and Petite)
- Whistles (up to 70% off)
- White Stuff (up to 50% off)
Pucker up for these deals on all your beauty must-haves:
- Another Vouchercodes.co.uk offer this week with 10% off a cut and/or colour at Essensuals, expiring Friday 31st August. And remember from last week you also get 20% off a cut and/or colour at Toni & Guy, which also expires at the end of the month.
- This week at The Body Shop you can use code SUMMERTREAT, which will save you 40% on bath and body care, 35% on skincare and 30% on makeup, only until 12 noon 6th August.
- Get a free eye test and 10% off purchases at Optical Express with this printable voucher, expires 31st December.
Book bargains and game discounts
Browse through the top deals for book worms:
- Buy the Dark Knight Trilogy by Christopher Nolan – a collection of film scripts and story boards from the films – only £11.60 (RRP £20) at Amazon.
- How England Made the English by Harry Mount is also cheapest at Amazon costing only £12.80 (RRP £20) and Snowdrops by A. D. Miller, which was shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2011, is £5.19 (RRP £7.99).
- Elsewhere, Stephen Kelman’s Pigeon English is reduced to £3.30 (RRP £12.99) by a Play Trade seller and Pure by Andrew Miller is £5.39 (RRP £8.99) at Waterstones.
Check out the best buys for gamers:
- Buy Ice Age 4: Continental Drift on the Nintendo DS for £17.86 (RRP £24.99) at ShopTo and if you want a new 3DS game, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance is £29.86 (RRP £39.99).
- Gear up for the sequel game released next month and buy the original Borderlands on the PS3 for £19.99 (RRP £44.99) at Play Trade. Stay where you are to pick up Captain America: Super Soldier for the same console at £12.08 (RRP £49.99).
Best buy DVDs and boxsets
Now on to the best DVD deals this week:
Reduction from RRP
Freebies and coupons
Grab the latest freebies, samples and discounts:
- The latest Boots sample is for a 1ml sample of Biotherm Blue Therapy serum (an anti-ageing formula) and there are 15,000 samples available.
- Snap up a free sample of Lacoste Vert for Men here (press the order sample button and fill in the form).
- She makes me feel a little queasy but I’m sure Taylor Swift’s perfume ‘Wonderstruck’ is just lovely – try it for free on Facebook (scroll down and press the request sample icon).
- Fill in this LetsSubscribe.com form on Facebook for a free copy of Marie Claire magazine (just be prepared to spend 15 mins of your life to get it!).
Offer of the week
Sign up for the Dwell newsletter and they will give you a very generous £15 in-store voucher with no minimum spend.
So, if you buy something for under £15 it’s totally free! More good news – you can use this voucher on anything in store, including sale items. Use by 13th August.
Mobile phone deal of the week
This week our pick is the Sony Xperia S, once again with 3 Mobile who are offering it for £25 per month with 500 minutes, 5000 texts and 250Mb data every month. You need to sign up for (the now standard) 24-months and pay £29 for the handset but it’s a sought after phone and a great deal if you’re not a heavy data guzzler.
Competition of the week
Why pick one competition when you can enter lots?! Johnson's is giving away thousands of prizes every week until September (festival tickets, electrical goods, sunglasses and beauty vouchers).
All you need to do is tell them what you've done recently to brighten up someone's day. You may enter every week until the closing date 3rd September 2012.
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.