Frugal Friday - 13th July 2012
Highlights this week include new 50% sales at M&S and New Look, last chance for 50% off E.L.F cosmetics, a free £15 iTunes gift card at Feel Unique, a free £10 voucher at Toys `R' Us, free baby goodies till the end of the month and £29 off series 1 to 4 of Being Human!
Welcome to this week’s edition of Frugal Friday.
Frugal fashion and homewares
Let’s kick things off with the biggest fashion and homewares bargains…
- A-Wear (up to 70% off)
- Accessorize (all 50% off or more)
- Argos (up to 60% off)
- Asos (up to 70% off)
- Austin Reed (up to 70% off)
- BHS (up to 70% off)
- Cath Kidston (up to 50% off)
- Clarks (up to 60% off)
- Coast (up to 50% off)
- Cotton Traders (up to 70% off)
- Debenhams (up to 70% off ends Sun)
- Dorothy Perkins (up to 70% off)
- Dune (up to 70% off)
- East (up to 50% off)
- Esprit (50% off)
- Figleaves (up to 60% off)
- Firetrap (up to 70% off)
- Flannels (half-price sale)
- French Connection (up to 75% off)
- Habitat: (up to 70% off)
- Hobbs (up to 70% off)
- House of Fraser (up to 60% off)
- Jaeger (up to 70% off)
- JD Sports (up to 60% off)
- John Lewis (up to 50% off)
- Jones: (up to 50% off)
- Joules (up to 50% off)
- Karen Millen (up to 70% off)
- Laura Ashley (50% off)
- LK Bennett (up to 50% off)
- Marks & Spencer: (up to 50% off)
- Marks & Spencer Outlet (up to 50% off)
- Miss Selfridge (up to 50% off)
- My Wardrobe (up to 70% off)
- New Look (up to 50% off)
- Oasis (up to 50% off)
- Phase Eight (up to 70% off)
- Reiss (up to 50% off)
- River Island (up to 50% off)
- Timberland (up to 50% off)
- Uniqlo (up to 50% off)
- Urban Outfitters (up to 70% off)
- Wallis (30% off dresses)
- Whistles (up to 70% off)
- White Stuff (up to 50% off)
Pucker up for these deals on all your beauty must-haves:
- At Feel Unique get a free £15 UK iTunes gift card when you spend £40 or more on any TIGI haircare products. Please note that the cards are valid for UK Apple accounts only. This offer is only available while stocks last, and to redeem you must have an iTunes account in the UK.
- Use code INDEMAND50 to save 50% on everything when you spend at least £30 at E.L.F Cosmetics, valid until 10am tomorrow (14th July).
- Online at The Body Shop, save 20% when you buy four products, 30% when you buy six products, 40% when you buy eight products and 50% when you buy ten products. With all discounts enter the code GLOBAL at the checkout before it expires at noon 23rd July. In-store, use this voucher for £10 off when you spend £20 or more, expires 15th July.
- The latest magazine freebies include Ren minis (15ml hand/body cream, 15ml day cream and 5ml eye cream) worth £16 with Red magazine, an Avon mascara with Marie Claire, a 75ml St Tropez Gradual Tan with Elle and a free 2ml Giorgio Armani mascara and free 30ml Shiseido cleanser with InStyle.
Book bargains and game discounts
Browse through the top deals for bookworms:
- There are six hardback Book Deals of the Week this week (which all have at least 55% off) at Amazon; first you can buy Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer for £5.27 (RRP £12.99), Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy 2) by Deborah E. Harkness for £7.64 (RRP £16.99), Dear Lupin: Letters to a Wayward Son by Roger and Charlie Mortimer for £5.84 (RRP £12.99).
- Or, It's All News to Me by Jeremy Vine is £8.54 (RRP £18.99), Canada by Richard Ford is £8.54 (£18.99) and The Tools by Phil Stutz and Barry Michels is £6.74 (RRP £14.99).
- If you want to know what everyone is going on about, you can pre-order the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy box set for £16.99 (RRP £23.97) at WHSmith.
And check out the best buys for gamers:
- Unashamedly violent, Manhunt 2 isn’t for the fainthearted but you can buy it for the PS2 at Play Trade for only £8.98 (RRP £29.99). Stay with Play Trade to fight in Nazi-occupied Paris with new Xbox 360 game The Saboteur for £15 (RRP £49.99).
- Another new game, Lollypop Chainsaw (for PS3 and XBox 360) is cheapest at Simply Games costing £24.85 (RRP £49.99).
- Last year’s release for the PS3, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is £19.85 (RRP £49.99) at Simply Games but head to Base to pick up Unchartered: Drake’s Fortune for £14.99 (RRP £24.99).
Best buy DVDs and boxsets
Now on to the best DVD deals this week:
Reduction from RRP
Freebies and coupons
Grab the latest freebies, samples and discounts:
- Right up until 26th June Free Nappies are giving away a whole host of baby products including nappies, baby shampoo and baby sun lotion so fill in your details.
- Try some of Palmer’s award-winning stretch mark cream with 5,000 samples to giveaway when you register.
- This month with Beauty Recommended you can try new Olay Regenerist 3 Point Treatment Cream for free and get £1 off Herbal Essences Hello Hydration.
- L’Oreal has 60,000 samples of Nude Magique BB cream to give away when you register and enter your details.
- Snap up one of 10,000 7ml samples of Perfectionist Wrinkle Lifting / Firming Serum on the Estee Lauder Facebook page.
- Get two free Duo Fertility pregnancy tests when you enter your details on their website (first 100 applicants each day get the freebie while stocks last).
- Unnecessarily complicated, but if you want to try Lynx Black Collection for free, download the Facebook app, click on the on the Nothanks/Feedback button, pick option ‘I wouldn't buy fragrances online without smelling them first’, then say yes to ‘Would you like to receive some free samples of the fragrances’ and fill in your details.
- Keep your bike in great condition with a free sample of Muc-Off Bike Cleaner.
Offer of the week
Spend £40 online at Toys ‘R’ Us or Babies ‘R’ Us by Sunday 15th July and they will send you a £10 voucher to use online between Friday 27th July and Sunday 12th August. Or, if you’re shopping in-store, they will give you a voucher along with your receipt.
Competition of the week
It appears to be monsoon season in many parts of the UK but if you could win a Pentax Optio Waterproof Digital Camera it might cheer you up. This nifty gadget is drop proof to 1.5m and waterproof to 10m with a wide angle 5 x optical zoom, 14 megapixels and could be yours with this Rough Guides comp which ends 3rd August.
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.