Frugal Friday - 22nd June 2012
This week's highlights include loads of sales, an extra 20% off sale items at The Body Shop, £4 seats on National Express coaches, two-for-one entry to National Trust properties and two for £6 on paperbacks at Sainsbury's.
Welcome to this week’s edition of Frugal Friday.
Frugal fashion and homewares
Let’s kick things off with the biggest fashion and homewares bargains…
- Clarks (up to 50% off, now extended to adult shoes)
- Coast (up to 50% off)
- Cocosa (up to 80% off when you become a member)
- Debenhams (up to 50% off)
- Dorothy Perkins (50% off)
- Espirit (up to 70% off)
- Firetrap (up to 50% off)
- Flannels (half-price sale)
- French Connection (up to 60% off)
- Gap (up to 60% off)
- Harvey Nics (up to 70% off)
- Jane Norman (up to 75% off)
- JD Sports (up to 50% off)
- John Lewis (clearance items have up to 50% off)
- Joules (50% off)
- Marks & Spencer (20% off women's swimwear)
- Phase Eight (up to 50% off, plus get free delivery with code p8cvjn2 from Vouchercodes.co.uk, valid until Sunday 24th June)
- Reiss (half-price items)
- Selfridges (up to 70% off)
- Topman (up to 50% off)
- Topshop (half-price sale)
- USC (up to 50% off)
- Viyella (up to 70% off)
- Warehouse (up to 50% off, get an extra 10% off sale items with code Orange10, valid until 29th June)
Discount codes and vouchers
- If you’re shopping at BHS there is just enough time to use Vouchercodes.co.uk’s code VCJUBILEE3 saving you £10 when you spend over £50 or try VCJUBILEE1 to get £5 off a £25 spend (both expire on Sunday 24th June).
- Save 15% and get free delivery on orders at Monsoon and Accessorize with VCUKMON15 from Vouchercodes.co.uk (expires on Sunday 24th June).
- If you take an old item of clothing (excluding schoolwear) to an M&S store this weekend, you'll get a voucher for £5 off clothing or homewear when you spend £35 or more. Or buy the Mail on Sunday on 24th June for a voucher for £5 off M&S food and wine.
Last chance bargains
Don’t miss out on these deals which are coming to an end soon:
- There are still items in the 50% off sale at The Body Shop but otherwise, its buy three, get three free on beach beauty (use code BEACHX3 at the checkout) until noon 25th July. You can also print this Vouchercodes.co.uk voucher to save 20% on everything in-store or enter code 14315 online (expires 24th June).
- There is a new sale on at Lookfantastic with up to 80% off beauty products but only until 28th June so make sure you snap up the biggest discounts before they go.
- If you’ve never shopped at MeMeMe Cosmetics take a look and if you like what you see, knock £10 off you order (as long as you spend at least £40) with the code MVC10, valid until 30th June.
- The Summer Seat Sale has just begun at National Express with one million fares starting from just £4 one-way so book your summer travel now.
- Enter the code FFJUNE online at Tesco Clothing to save £10 on a £40 spend, valid until end of play Sunday 24th June only.
Browse through the top deals for book worms this week:
- At Sainsbury’s its two for £6 on summer read paperbacks.
- Take a look at Amazon Trade-In, where you can send in unwanted books for free and get an Amazon Gift Card in exchange, you get an extra £5 when you trade in books worth £10 or more.
- The three Amazon Book Deals of the Week (which all have at least 55% off their original retail price) are: hardback The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafon for £7.64 (RRP £16.99) and paperbacks Rapture (Fallen) by Lauren Kate for £4.49 (RRP £9.99) and Whatever It Takes by Adele Parks for £5.39 (RRP £11.99).
- If you fancy a bit of historical fiction, you can pick up the hardback version of The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller for £12 (RRP £18.99) via a Base Trader and Beyond Black by Hilary Mantel is £4.55 (RRP £8.99) via Amazon Marketplace.
Check out the best buys for gamers:
- Brand new game Lollipop Chainsaw is £28.99 (RRP £49.99) at Simply Games and if you love a zombie hunter, Dead Rising 2 Classics for the Xbox 360 is £9.95 (RRP £49.99) at The Hut.
- Or for something more playful, Plants vs Zombies (on the Nintendo DS) is only £12.99 (RRP £24.99) at Amazon and Stubbs the Zombie (Mac/DVD), only £4.99 at Amazon.
- For another cheap DS game, head to WOWHD to pick up Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for £9.89 (RRP £10.99) and for the PS3, get Dark Souls for only £14.95 (RRP £49.99) at The Hut.
Best buy DVDs and boxsets
Now on to the best DVD deals this week:
Reduction from RRP
Freebies and coupons
Grab the latest freebies, samples and discounts:
- This week at Whatsinmyhandbag.com try Percy & Reed Dry Conditioner.
- Fill in the form for a sample of UNE Beauty Skin-Glow Foundation courtesy of Boots.
- Over at Just Pleasure Me get a free sample of ID Juicy Lube pack.
- Grab free samples of Christina Aguilera’s perfumes – both Royal Desire and Secret Potion – when you fill in the short forms.
- If you’re thinking about getting your haircut get a £5 voucher for Supercuts when you sign up to the newsletter.
- Get a free sample and a voucher saving you £1 on your next Garnier Miracle Skin purchase, valid until 5th July.
- Register for a free sample of Simple Sun Kissed Moisture cream.
- Londoners can like the Melvita Facebook page to get a voucher for a free mini rose facial (plus a free travel size Necter de Roses hydrating product when you leave). Print the voucher and take to the Putney or Covent Garden store.
Offer of the week
Buy the Daily Telegraph on Saturday 23rd June and you’ll find a voucher inside entitling you to two-for-one tickets to any participating National Trust property, valid until 8th July.
Mobile phone deal of the week
Orange is offering the Samsung Galaxy SII for £31 per month with an impressive 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 250MB data – all on a 24 month contract and nothing to pay for the handset.
Competition of the week
If you grew up with Beatrix Potter enter this fab competition to win a set of Beatrix Potter's Complete Tales. No need to answer a question, simply enter your details before 31st July and keep your fingers crossed!
If you don’t fancy cooking for yourself this weekend, you can check out all the latest restaurant bargains in lovemoney.com’s Frugal Food blog.
If you'd prefer to stay in and cook up a delicious meal without blowing the budget, check out the original Frugal Recipes blog for some inspiration!
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.