Frugal Friday - 27th April 2012
Welcome to this week's edition of Frugal Friday.
Welcome to this week’s edition of Frugal Friday. Let’s kick things off with the biggest fashion and homewares bargains…
Frugal fashion and homewares
The Blue Cross Sale has now arrived at House of Fraser so take a look and save up to 70% on selected items.
The half-price George at Asda sale continues but you can also save up to 25% on selected babywear online. And, remember to use the Tesco Clothing code ENJOY12 which saves you £10 when you spend £40 but only until midnight this Sunday 29th April.
Get up to £20 off these Spring items at Warehouse for a limited period, or head to Wallis for up to 30% off all dresses. You can also save on dresses at Debenhams but this time you only get up to 20% off.
If you’re shopping in the sale at Asos - where you can already save 70% - you get an extra 10% off with the code BONUS10 until 9am on Tuesday 1st May.
If it’s a new bag you’re after and you can move quickly, you get 15% off everything at My Bag with the code LOVELY, valid until the end of today only. Otherwise you can knock 30% off selected handbags at Reiss.
Or, get 20% off full priced womenswear and accessories (excluding Boutique) at Jaeger using the code STYL6JGR before it expires on 4th May 2012.
Over at New Look items in the sale start at just £1, Gap is offering 30% off shorts and for the men, MVC has an exclusive code saving you £10 when you spend £40 at Burton. If Superdry is more their cup of tea, get 10% off any order and free delivery with the MVC code MYAPR10 which expires this Sunday 29th April.
Another great code this week will save you £5 on orders over £40 at Uniqlo – simply add UNIQLO5 at the checkout before it expires on Monday 30th April.
There is a furniture event on at Laura Ashley saving you up to 50% with free delivery to boot and BHS has cut the price of Bed and Bath items by up to 50%. It’s also buy one, get one half-price across all bras and shapewear, plus you still have time to use the codes from last week – you can find them all here. And if you’re shopping in-store at BHS you can print them off instead. Use by Sunday 29th April.
Health & Beauty bargains
Pucker up for these deals on all your beauty must-haves:
- There’s a new set of codes for The Body Shop this week. This time use PAMPER50 and you can save from 10% (when you buy two products) to as much as 50% (when you buy ten products). This offer is valid until noon on 3rd May. Check other codes too in case they work better for you, for example, Vouchercodes.co.uk has an exclusive code saving you 40% until Monday.
- There are some good free gifts available at Feel Unique this week too including a complimentary cleanser of your choice when you buy two or more Yes To products, a free Figs & Rouge Sweet Geranium 100% Organic Balm (8ml) with any two Figs & Rouge purchases and a free JASON C-Effects Pure Natural Super-C Toner 150ml (worth £10.49) when you buy two or more JASON C-Effects products.
- If you like to try before you buy this Cartier Fragrance Discovery pack from Escentual is £13.50. That may seem expensive as you only get ten 1.5ml perfume samples to try (for men and women) but with it you also get a voucher entitling you to £15 off any Cartier fragrance.
- When I was looking around on some of the beauty blogs a few weeks ago I saw that lots of bloggers have reviewed the Beauty UK Posh Polish Gemstone Collection quite favourably – the colours look lovely (see some pics here) and they are pretty cheap at £3.49 each.
- Grab a half-price eye test at Boots Opticians, now only £10, courtesy of MVC by filling in your details here.
Book bargains and game discounts
Browse through the top deals for bookworms this week:
- Starting with the three hardback Book Deals of the Week (which all have at least 55% off their original retail price) at Amazon; grab either The Leopard Sword: Empire IV by Anthony Riches and The Innocent by David Baldacci for £5.84 (RRP £12.99) each, or order Stephen King’s The Wind Through the Keyhole from the Dark Tower series for £8.99 (RRP £19.99).
- As I said last week Amazon has the lowest price for the erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James at only £3 (RRP £7.99) - which I have seen a few people happily reading on the Tube - and if that sparked your interest it is also cheapest for the other books in the trilogy, Fifty Shades Freed and Fifty Shades Darker (both £3.99 each).
- But, if you want Nora Robert’s bestseller The Witness head over to Play where it costs £8.69 (RRP £13.99), or you can knock another 30p off if you buy from one of the Play Trade sellers.
And check out the best buys for gamers:
- Starting with ShopTo again this week, you can buy XBox/PS3 game Fifa Street for £27.85 (RRP £49.99).
- For the PC, Play Trade has the best price for Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall Of The Samurai at £14.95 (RRP £24.99) and Play Trade is also your best bet for another PC treat, the Trine 2 Collectors Edition which includes complete versions of both Trine and Trine 2 for only £11.98 (RRP £19.99).
- Finally, for a new PC game, The Hut is selling Sims 3: Showtime Limited Edition for £24.95 (RRP £29.99).
Best buy DVDs and boxsets
Now on to the best DVD deals this week:
Reduction from RRP
Freebies and coupons
- Claim a free sample of Garnier Body Intensive on Facebook - you have to take part in the seven day challenge but it should be worth the freebie.
- Download and print this free voucher to save you 50p on your next purchase of Nivea Sensitive and Pure spray, roll-on, or stick. The voucher expires two weeks from the day you print it.
- Upload a photo of your favourite beach on the Nivea Facebook page to win one of 50 bottles of Nivea Pure & Sensitive Spray Factor 30. Ends 9th May.
- Get a free sample of the new Thierry Mugler perfume “Womanity” when you like the Facebook page.
- L’oreal has 30,000 samples of the new Men Expert Hydra Energetic Moisturiser to give away; enter your details here.
- Take the Ulltra five day challenge to get your hands on a free pack containing five 3ml single use sachets of their 3-in-1 shaving and moisturising cream. You do need to pay £1 for p&p but this is refundable if you purchase anything afterwards.
- Get your dog microchipped for free when you book an appointment at one of the Dogs Trust Rehoming Centres and save yourself around £30.
Offer of the week
There is a good cinema deal available at Groupon entitling you to £5 entry to Odeon cinemas (or £6 inside the M25). The voucher's for standard 2D films only but could still save you up to £5.
Mobile phone deal of the week
The Nokia Lumia 800 (Black) could be yours for only £18.50 per month if you sign up for 24 months with O2. This contract includes 200 minutes, unlimited texts, and 100MB of data every month so it’s ideal if you’re a light user and want to nab a cheap deal.
Competition of the week
L’Oreal’s latest comp is a good win – you could win its full Color Riche range of 40 varnishes and all you have to do is tell them which is your favourite shade from the range and why. Five winners will be chosen. Competition closes 2nd May.
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.