Frugal Friday - 9th September 2011
Highlights this week include 20% off and free next day delivery at Warehouse today only, 25% off everything at Debenhams, 20% off at Wallis and Oasis, up to 15% off at Sweaty Betty, final reductions of up to 75% at ASDA, 3 for 2 on cosmetics, hair and baby products at Boots, 30% off bestsellers and 15% off other items at The Body Shop, £5 off at HQHair, £5 off at Zavvi, BBC drama series The Hour for only £13.99 and £35 off seasons 1 to 6 of American Dad!
Welcome to our Frugal Friday blog! If you're registered on lovemoney.com, you can follow this blog and find new posts as soon as they are published, via your personal homepage. Never miss a bargain again - register now.
Welcome to this week’s edition of Frugal Friday. Let’s kick things off with the best frugal picks on fashion and homewares.
Frugal fashion and homewares
Don’t miss your last chance for 20% off and free next day delivery at Warehouse. Use the code AW01 at the checkout before it expires at midnight tonight.
Now on to the rest of the new sales:
- Sweaty Betty: Enter discount code countdown for 15% off today (Friday), 12% off on Sat and 11% off on Sunday.
- Debenhams: New season launch offer of 25% off everything (10% off beauty brands) plus free delivery.
- Oasis: Save 20% on full price items with code AW202011.
- Wallis: Get 20% off everything including sale.
- Jane Norman: Grab 20% off full-price dresses and playsuits until midnight on Monday.
- Tesco: Save 20% on baby clothing with code until midnight on Sunday 9th October.
- Asos: Students can save up to 20% using their NUS Extra card.
- Barratts: Save £5 on courts online.
- BHS: Save up to 30% in store and online until Sunday.
- ASDA: Final sale reductions with up to 75% off.
- USC: Get up to 70% off in the sale.
And see what’s left in the ongoing sales:
- American Apparel: New codes; get £5 off a £50 spend with BTS1, get £15 off a £100 spend with BTS2 and get £30 off a £150 spend with BTS3.
- ASDA: Get free delivery on babywear when you spend £15 – use code baby26.
- Cloggs: Buy 3 for 2 on these sale boots with code 3F2BT.
- Figleaves: Now up to 60% off swimwear.
- House of Fraser: Blue Cross Sale with up to 70% off for a limited time.
- Jones: Final clearance all sale items half-price or less.
- La Senza: Save up to 50% on swimwear.
- M&S: Still £5 off a £30 spend on lingerie in-store and online.
- Miss Selfridge: ‘Like’ the Facebook page for 10% off and free delivery when you spend £60.
- Motel Rocks: Use this Vouchercodes.co.uk code for 20% off until 11th Sept.
Pucker up for these deals on all your beauty must-haves:
- Right now at Boots it’s 3 for 2 on selected cosmetics, haircare and baby products. The Offer of the Week is also worth a look – buy the Lancome Proven beauty set for £40 and earn £5 worth of Advantage Points. Don’t forget to check for any free gift offers too.
- Until 12th September only, you can save 30% on the bestsellers (including Vitamin E Moisture Cream and White Must Eau de Toilette) at The Body Shop. You can also save up to 50% on the Coconut range and use this Vouchercodes discount code for 15% off any full-price items.
- If you’re shopping at HQHair use the exclusive Myvouchercodes discount code MVCHQ5 for £5 off when you spend £50 – use it before it expires on Sunday 11th September.
- Also, don’t forget to keep your eyes peeled for supermarket beauty bargains. At Sainsbury’s there is a ‘better than half-price’ sale on a few health and beauty items. There’s not much but you can stock up on Imperial Leather shower gels (now only 68p each) and the Gillette shaving range (now from 99p).
Books and Games
Browse through the top deals for bookworms this week:
- The three Books Deals of the Weeks at Amazon this week are Back from the Brink: 1,000 Days at Number 11 by Alistair Darling for £8.99 (RRP £19.99), Easy Meals by Rachel Allen for £11.25 (RRP £25) and A Short History of England by Simon Jenkins also for £11.25 (RRP £25).
- History-enthusiasts can also pick up the new hardback The End: Hitler’s Germany 1944-45 by Ian Kershaw at The Book Depository for £15.47, saving you £14.53.
- Other new releases to enjoy include Headhunters by Jo Nesbo – only £5.58 (RRP £11.99) at The Book Depository – and over at Amazon you can preorder the hardback version of Richard Dawkins The Magic of Reality: How we know what’s really true for £10 (RRP £20).
And check out the best buys for gamers:
- New Nintendo DS games Inazuma Eleven and 1001 Touch Games are both cheapest at Zavvi costing £23.85 (RRP £29.99) and £14.85 (RRP £24.99) respectively.
- You can also buy Wii game Sin and Punishment Successor of the Skies at Click for Games for £16.50, saving you a healthy £28.49, or for PC gamers, Deus Ex Human Revolution is only £22.85 at Simply Games, saving you £17.14.
- Finally, for other PC game bargains, you can save 33% on The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles, which is only £16.85 (RRP £24.99) at The Hut and you can buy Dirt 3 (Colin McRae) for only £12.99 (RRP £29.99) at The Game Collection.
DVDs and boxsets
Now on to the best DVD deals this week – I’ve included a fair few Zavvi deals because if you spend £50 you can get £5 off using the code ZAVSEP50 (expireS 30th Sept). If you spend less than £50, look for another code on sites such as Myvouchercodes and Vouchercodes.
Reduction from RRP
Freebie of the week
Facebook freebies are all the rage – this time Lancome is giving away vouchers which you can redeem at participating stores for a free trial of Lancome Visionnaire. You need to "Like" the Lancome Facebook page to request your free sample and complete a short registration form.
Mobile phone deal of the week
Get this deal here or compare other top mobile deals at Recombu.
Competition of the week
Win a Nintendo Wii and We Dance game over on the Good to Know website – there’s an easy question to answer then simply press Submit and fill in your details to be in with a chance.
Competition ends on Friday 30th September.
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.