Frugal Friday - 3 June 2011
Highlights this week include 20% off at Whistles, new sales at H&M, New Look and Jaegar, free flip flops when you spend £40 at Mybag, 30% off your summer wardrobe at Asos, 20% off school uniforms with free delivery at Marks & Spencer, 75% off Ruby & Millie make-up at Boots, 20% off Easyjet holidays, kids books for £1 at Waterstones, free Pimms goodies and there's just one more thing.seasons 1 to 8 of Columbo for only £26.94!
Welcome to our Frugal Friday blog! If you're registered on lovemoney.com, you can follow this blog and find new posts as soon as they are published, via your personal homepage. Never miss a bargain again - register now.
The sun is out, the sky is blue, so let’s take a look at this week’s fabulous array of discounts and deals!
Frugal fashion and homewares
- Burton: Online only, get 30% off everything until midnight tonight.
- Matalan: It’s 3 for 2 in the holiday shop until 5 June.
- Blacks: Save 15% on any order with code Tn8qsX (expires 6 June) and get free delivery when you spend £20 or more.
- Whistles: Save 20% with the latest copy of Grazia magazine, valid until 7 June.
- H&M: New sale across the store with up to 50% off.
- Uniqlo: Buy two polo shirts for £19.99 this week (usually £14.99 each).
- My Bag: Spend £40 and get a free pair of havaianas flip flops.
- Jaegar: New sale with up to 60% off.
- New Look: Save up to 50% in the summer sale.
- Asos: Save 30% in the summer promotion here.
- Miss Selfridge: Get 30% off Diva jewellery using the code GETMORESTYLE2.
- Gap: Save 25% on shorts and t-shirts.
- M&S: Save 20% on the Per Una range and 30% off when you buy two items of selected furniture. Plus, save 20% on school uniforms and free delivery with code UNIFORMS.
- Tesco: Save 25% on selected items.
- Debenhams: Save 20% on men’s polos, Radley handbags and 40% on kids’ items.
- Jane Norman: Save up to 50% in the sale.
- Reiss: Summer special save 30% here.
- Dorothy Perkins: Online only, get 30% off selected items for a limited time.
- River Island: Get 25% off boys and girls styles.
- Viyella: BOGOF on scarves and jewellery is back.
And see what’s left in the ongoing sales:
- Amazon: Save up to 50% on kitchen and home appliances here and get £10 off when you spend £40 on selected fashion and use code SUMMER11, both offers expire 5 June.
- Barratts: Spring shoe sale and up to 30% off sandals.
- BHS: Buy one, get one half-price on all childrenswear.
- Cath Kidston: Use code EALV for 15% off (excludes sale items and gift vouchers) until 6 June.
- House of Fraser: Save 40% on summer fashion and home.
- La Redoute: Save up to 40% on selected items then get 30% off the rest of your order with code 8310.
- Laura Ashley: Save up to 30% on the picnic range.
- Planet: Still up to 50% off in the sale.
- Republic: Up to 50% off in the mega sale.
- Sainsbury’s: In-store only, save 25% on all Tu clothing except adult socks and hosiery until 6 June.
- Tie Rack: Clearance/sample sale now with up to 80% off.
- Uniqlo: New customers get £5 off when they sign up to the newsletter.
- Warehouse: Get 20% off full price orders until 9 June with code GLAM20.
June’s best bargains
Start the month as you mean to go on with these top deals:
- EasyJet Holidays is offering £20 off June bookings with the code JUNE20 until the end of the month.
- You can also save 20% on tickets for The London Dungeon with this printable voucher from SmartSave.
- If you’re looking to kit out your living room, get up to £80 off selected Sony TVs at Amazon with the various codes which expire 5 June.
- For beauty bargains, get £5 off at Feelunique when you spend at least £45 using the code BIGSHOP5 which expires at midnight tonight. You can also save 75% on Ruby & Millie make-up at Boots and at Origins, get a free limited edition Eco tote with any two purchases using the code TOTE at the checkout before 5 June.
- Finally, it’s UK Spa Fortnight at Lastminute which means there are lots of 2 for 1 spa offers at locations across the UK.
Books and Games
Browse through the top deals for book worms this week:
- The hardback version of Altar of Bones by Philip Carter is cheapest at Amazon, costing only £7.01, down from £12.99, and on to the Book Deals of the Week (which have at least 55% off) – get The Social Animal by David Brooks for £6.74 (RRP £14.99), Chris Brookmyre’s Where the Bodies are Buried for £8.09 (RRP £17.99) and Dave Gorman vs the Rest of the World for £5.39 (RRP £11.99).
- The Book Depository has kindly extended its code May11 to 5 June 2011 which saves you an extra 10% off – some good buys are The Fort by Bernard Cornwell for £3.78, a saving of £4.21, and An Idiot Abroad: The travel diaries of Karl Pilkington for £5.02, saving you £3.97.
- Over at Waterstones, you can buy the first in the series of various kids’ books for just £1; choose from Lord Loss by Darren Shan, Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy, Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer, How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell and Horrid Henry by Francesca Simon and Tony Ross.
And check out the best buys for gamers:
- Nintendo DS gamers can grab the LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean video game for only £17.85 (RRP £24.99) at The Hut and stay put to get Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reverie on the DS for £23.85 (RRP £29.99)
- On to the Wii, head to Play where you can buy new copies of GoldenEye0007 (RRP £39.99) for £11.50 and Disney Epic Mickey for £17.15 (RRP £39.99) through Playtrade.
- The Game Collection has the lowest price for the Xbox and PS3 game The Dirt at £29.99, saving you £20. If you’re looking for mega cheap games, Kane & Lynch 2 is only £6.99 (RRP £9.95) and Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood is only £7.99 (RRP £9.95).
DVDs and boxsets
Now on to the best DVD deals this week:
Reduction from RRP
Freebie of the week
Another Facebook freebie, simply ‘Like’ the Pimm's Facebook page and follow the instructions to get one of various freebies perfect for a summer party. Items include money-off vouchers, bunting and picnic blankets.
Mobile phone deal of the week
Competition of the week
L’Oreal is running a competition to win one of 1,000 Lash Architect 4D mascaras so fill in your details here to be in with a chance.
Competition closes on 31 July 2011.
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.