Frugal Friday - 1 April 2011
Highlights this week include last chance discounts ending tonight at Planet, Oasis, Asos and House of Fraser, 50% off in the flash sale at Topshop, 20% off at Urban Outfitters, 3 for 2 on children's clothes at Tesco, BOGOF on Disney films, free calls for Mother's Day with Tesco and £111 off the Thunderbirds complete box set. Plus, don't miss the top deals available this weekend only, including 15% off at B&Q, £20 spa deals at Lastminute, up to £15 off at Feel Unique and £1 box sets!
Welcome to our Frugal Friday blog! If you're registered on lovemoney.com, you can follow this blog and find new posts as soon as they are published, via your personal homepage. Never miss a bargain again - register now.
There are just a few days left until the new tax year so make it your resolution to save on these frugal picks!
Frugal fashion and homewares
My top pick this week is the flash sale at Topshop. Expect stock to go quickly so don’t miss out on savings of up to 50%.
Now on to the rest of the new sales:
- Planet: Half-price sale, plus an extra 20% off until midnight tonight.
- Oasis: Save 20% on spring collections with the code SPRING2011 valid until midnight tonight.
- Asos: 20% off selected items from the Asos Collection ends midnight tonight.
- House of Fraser: Last day to save up to 25% on brands.
- Tesco: 3 for 2 on full price kids’ clothes ends midnight Sunday 3 April.
- Espirit: New mid season sale with up to 50% off ends Sunday 3 April.
- Urban Outfitters: Use code Spring11 for 20% off all non-sale orders until Monday 4 April.
- Miss Selfridge: Free standard delivery with code MSOFFER until Monday 4 April.
- John Lewis: Another price match promo with up to 20% off.
- Banana Republic: Save up to a massive 75% in the spring sale.
- Jaegar: Spring sale now on with up to 70% off plus buy Grazia magazine for 20% off non-sale items.
- Dorothy Perkins: Grab up to 30% off EVERYTHING online and in store.
- BHS: Even bigger discounts with up to 70% off across all departments.
- Lipsy: New sale with all items half-price or less.
- Next: New sale with all items half-price or less.
- Hobbs: New sale with many items half-price.
- Evans: New sale with up to 50% off.
- Mamas & Papas: Save up to 50% on selected collections.
- La Redoute: Get up to 30% off selected items plus 25% off your order with new code 8300.
- Wallis Up to £20 off selected dresses, 30% off leather and online only, 20% off ALL petite fashion.
And see what’s left in the ongoing sales:
- Aldo: An extra 50% off sale items for a limited time online only.
- Asos: Buy limited edition Diet Coke cans and enter the unique codes on Coke Zone for £5 off your next purchase of £20 or more, or even vouchers worth £100, £20 and £10. Offer valid until 30 April.
- Debenhams: Up to 50% off across the store and up to 40% off kids clothes.
- Coast: Lots left in the sale with up to 50% off.
- Figleaves: Save 20% on selected Freya and Fantasie lines here.
- Gap: Final sale with up to 75% off.
- Jane Norman: Ongoing sale with items up to half-price.
- Karen Millen: Mid season sale with up to 50% off.
- La Senza: Many items half-price in the sale.
- Laura Ashley: Still up to 50% off home favourites.
- M&S: Save £5 when you spend £35 or more on full price lingerie and sleepwear wth the code HEAVENLY. Or save £3 when you spend £15 or more on full price beauty with the code MSBEAUTY. Both codes arevalid until 3 April 2011.
- Oasis: Ongoing sale with up to 50% off.
- Peacocks: Sale continues with up to 50% off.
- USC: Save up to 50% in the sale.
- Warehouse: Further reductions with many items £5 or £10.
Get in quick and save a packet on these deals for this weekend only:
- Get 15% off EVERYTHING at B&Q with this voucher and use by Monday 4 April, or head to the online store and use code APRTE12.
- Save 15% on all orders at Neal’s Yard with this code from Myvouchercodes which is valid until Sunday 3 April only.
- Get 15% off at Benefit Cosmetics with the code APRILOFF today only!
- Get £5 off a £15 itunes gift card at the Co-operative.
- Buy one of 20 spa treatments for only £20 with a voucher from Lastminute before 10am Monday 4 April. This is available at 20 spas across the UK - great for a last minute Mother’s Day gift!
- At Timetospa, save 15% plus get free delivery with an exclusive code from Vouchercodes which expires on Sunday 3 April.
- For more beauty bargains, Wahanda is offering The Sanctuary Spa Skincare Kit for £20 - saving you 54% - but the offer ends after the weekend.
- You can also save up to £15 at Feel Unique with these codes valid until midnight Monday 4 April: £15 off when you spend £100 with code SPRING15, £10 off when you spend £75 with code SPRING10, £5 off when you spend £40 with code SPRING5, £3 off when you spend £25 with code SPRING3.
- Finally, streaming site Seesaw has cut the cost of renting 10 of its box sets to just £1, down from £5-£13, also only until Monday 4 April. Options include series 1 of Outnumbered, Gavin and Stacey and Ugly Betty. See them all here.
Books and Games
Browse through the top deals for book worms this week:
- Save 40% on Tiger, Tiger: A Memoir by Margaux Fragosco (now £5.98) and grab £10 off The Great British Food Revival (now £9.99) both at The Book Depository.
- Asda has the best price for both Skippy Dies by Paul Murray at £6.29 and Bella Bathurst’s The Bicycle Book at £9.45.
- Buy the hardback version of Jean Marie Auel’s Land of Painted Caves at Amazon for only £8.99, saving you £11, and stay put if you want the other books in the brilliant Earth’s Children series which cost from £5.64.
And check out the best buys for gamers:
- Bee.com has Bejewelled Twist for the Nintendo DS for only £15.99 (RRP £24.99) and for a DS puzzle game under a tenner, buy Puzzler World 2011 for £8.99 (RRP £19.99) at Amazon.
- Also at Amazon, Lego Star Wars 3 Clone Wars for the Wii is only £27.99 – saving you £12 – but Zavvi is your best bet for another Wii game, Pictionary (uDraw), at £17.85 (RRP £39.99).
- Sticking with Zavvi, you can mix and match two games for £25 with best buys including PS3 games Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X 2 for £9.85 (RRP £49.99) and Final Fantasy XIII for £12.85 (RRP £49.99).
DVDs and boxsets
Now on to the best DVD deals this week:
Reduction from RRP
Freebie of the week
Tesco is giving away ten free minutes of calls to landlines on Mother’s Day this year so if your mum lives abroad, give her a bell for free.
Mother’s Day falls on different dates around the world, and this deal is not only limited to the UK Mother’s Day.
Dates include 3 April for UK & Ireland, 1 May for Portugal & Spain, 8 May for Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, NZ, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Turkey, USA, 26 May for Poland, 12 August for Thailand, 16 October for Argentina and 27 November for Russia.
Mobile phone deal of the week
For this you get 300 inclusive minutes unlimited texts, 500Mb internet browsing and a £25 Tesco Giftcard!
Competition of the week
Win one of five Hop goody bags on the UK Parents Lounge website to celebrate the film release on 1 April. Each prize contains a Hop backpack, bunny ears hoodie and a plush Easter Bunny. To be in with a chance subscribe to the UKPL Digest newsletter using the entry form here.
Competition closes 24 April.
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.