Frugal Friday - 11 November 2010
Highlights this week include party dresses for £20, a new M&S sale with up to 50% off, make-up for £1.50, £10 off at Feel Unique, top TV series to rent for only 99p, £25 off the complete Alan Partridge collection and season 8 (the Final) of 24 for £30. That's just £1.25 per Jack Bauer-fun-filled hour!
Welcome to our Frugal Friday blog! If you're registered on lovemoney.com, you can follow this blog and find new posts as soon as they are published, via your personal homepage. Never miss a bargain again - register now.
If all this wintry weather is getting you down cheer yourself up with this week’s frugal finds complete with the best fashion sales and some early bird Christmas bargains.
At BooHoo not only can you still save up to 75% off in the sale but all dresses are now £20 or less. So whether you want a glittery party dress, an on-trend lace number, or a casual animal print day dress, you won’t have to hand over more than a score!
Now browse the rest of the new sales:
- Alexon: An extra 20% off all reduced items.
- Asos: Save 20% with a code in the latest Grazia magazine and 20% off these men’s jeans, these party outfits and these shoes .
- Coast: Save 20% on ALL dresses.
- LKBennett: Save up to £50 on selected coats and boots.
- Oasis: Get 20% off with the code STYLE20 which expires 16 Nov.
- Shudoo: Flash sale with up to 70% off brands.
- Tesco: Spend £40 on this F&F clothing and get £10 off.
- USC: Save 15% with the code FBP15 until midnight this Sunday
- Wallis: Get £15 off ALL coats and jackets.
- Debenhams: Get 20% off party dresses and remember you can still save 15% with the code PGQP before this Saturday.
- Dorothy Perkins: As part of VIP week get 25% off with code DPVIP2 until this Sunday.
- Evans: Cardholders get 20% off today.
- Laura Ashley: Get 25% off ALL coats.
- M&S: Get up to 50% off in the new clothing sale here.
- Miss Selfridge: Cardholders save 20% today.
- New Look: Get 20% off selected partywear and men’s shirts.
- Office: Grab up to £40 off high heels here.
And see what’s left in the ongoing sales:
- BHS: Save up to 30% off clothing for women and kids.
- Clarks: Save 25% on full price handbags with code BAGSXMAS.
- Dorothy Perkins: Sale continues with up to 50% off.
- Dune: Get up to 60% off in the sale.
- H&M: Get 50% off in sale and get 25% off one item when you sign up to the newsletter here.
- Jane Norman: New lines added to sale, save up to 50%.
- Jones: Get £20 off all adult boots.
- Joules: Save up to 50% in the sale.
- Karen Millen: Get £50 off boots with the code BOOTS.
- La Redoute: You can still save 30% on selected items and save 25% on the rest of your order with code 8273.
- M&S: Get 30% off these dresses and save £5 when you spend £35 on full price lingerie and nightwear with code HEAVENLG before this Sunday.
- Mybag: Get up to 75% off in the sale.
- Peacocks: Get £10 off selected coats, 50% off heels and 20% off knitwear.
- Planet: Mid season sale, save up to 50%.
- Urban Outfitters: Up to 50% off in the sale.
- Viyella: Save up to £50 with new seasonal offers.
- Whistles: Now up to 70% off in the sale.
Christmas gifts for less
Here are my frugal finds for top gifts this Christmas:
- For the women in your why not get a lovely gift box like this vintage rose box for £3.25 and fill it with all their favourite beauty products. If you go to E.L.F near enough all the make-up products are just £1.50 each!
- Us girls love a bit of sparkle and at Mybag you can pick any two of these party accessories and save 20% with the code sparkler20. My picks would be this Rosie Fox Crystal Barette hair clip for £19 and this stunning Electro Crystal cocktail ring for £17.
- For someone creative, I’m a big fan of Clooci.com which sells quirky designer collectables like these skull earphones for £21 and sticker art from just £2.99.
- And for smellies, Feel Unique sells discounted beauty brands and if you spend £100 you get £10 off with code EARLY10, or £5 off when you spend £60 with code EARLY5 – only until midnight this Sunday!
- Boots has a special 'gift of the week' offer running from 12th November to 18th November: get a Mark HIll Limited Edition RAW Zebra Power Hairdryer for £24.99 (usual price £59.99).
Books & games
Browse through the top deals for book worms this week:
- Get your chef hat on and check out The Hairy Bikers’ 12 Days of Christmas for £8.99 at The Book Depository and Nigella Lawson’s Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home for £11.97 at Asda.
- Awkward Situations for Men by funny man Danny Wallace is just £6.86 at Amazon which also has the lowest price for Harlan Coben’s Play Dead at £2.99.
- For children’s books, you can get the latest Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth by Jeff Kinney for £4.38 and JK Rowling’s The Tales of Beedle the Bard for £2.25 at The Book Depository.
And check out the best buys for gamers:
- New game Call of Duty: Black Ops has already sold out in many of the big retailers but you can still get it at Asda for £36.97 (RRP £54.99).
- PC game Football Manager 2011 is just £22.99 (RRP £39.99) at Base but if you prefer a bit of tennis, Amazon is offering Mario Power Tennis for £7.97 (RRP £29.99).
- Head to ChoicesUK where you can save £7.20 on Just Dance 2 for the Wii (now £22.79) and £15.20 on Hasbro Family Game Night 3 for the PS3 (now £24.79).
DVDs & boxsets
Today only, video on demand (VoD) service SeeSaw (which lets you watch TV shows on your laptop) is offering 5 premium rental series for just 99p, exclusively to lovemoney.com readers:
- The Hills Series 1 - normally £7.99
- Spooks Series 1 - normally £4.99
- My Family Series 9 - normally £9.99
- Torchwood Series 1 - normally £9.99
- Life on Mars Series 1 - normally £4.99
And don't forget out to check out these amazing DVD bargains:
Reduction from RRP
Freebie of the week
Mobile phone deal of the week
The Nokia N8 is an impressive touch-screen smartphone with a 12 megapixel camera, free global sat nav and a massive 16GB of in-built storage. If you take out a 24-month contract with 3 Mobile it can be yours for £30 per month 500 mins, 5000 texts and 1GB free Internet inclusive.
If that doesn’t float your boat, you can compare other top mobile deals at Recombu.
Competitions of the week
Intrepid Travel is giving away 30 trips in 30 days and all you have to do is visit the website here, explore the destinations on offer and then take your pick of the trips on offer explaining in 25 words or less why you want to win that experience. You can enter every day this month and every entrant gets a 20% Intrepid Travel discount voucher.
We have also been given a free copy of 'Tricks of the Rich' by Paul A Overy. If you want a copy, tell us why using the comments box below. Best answer gets a copy of the book and some funky lovemoney.com merchandise too!
Don’t forget: although all prices and discounts were correct on the day this article was published, offers this good are subject to change and often sell out quickly.