Two money adventures for the price of one!
Donna Werbner takes advantage of this week's 2-4-1 offers and 50% off deals.
I'm a big fan of musicals. Here's how you can tell:
1) When I see a punnet of strawberries, I sing 'Riiiiiiiipe strawberries, riiiiipe!' very loudly, and scare my fellow grocery shoppers. If I then manage to spot a bouquet of sweet red raah-ow-ses, all the better.
2) Sometimes, when I'm walking through a street filled with Victorian terraced houses and it's getting near dusk, I randomly feel the urge to do a little jump in the middle of the street and click my heels together. This is accompanied by a strange desire to cover my face in soot and dance around chimneys with a big wire brush.
3) Painting a lightning strike on your car? Dipping a love-letter in a paddling pool? Wearing skin-tight black lycra leggings and heels to a theme park? Seems perfectly normal to me....
So you won't be surprised to learn that I've been wheedling, pleading and begging my other half to come with me to see Grease! - the hit musical! - for months and months and months. (Please note the exclamation marks - they are very important.)
Having what I believe many of you would call 'good taste', he managed to resist for quite some time...
An electrifying price!
Of course, even with 50% off, the top price seats weren't cheap. Including two £1.85 booking fees (a total rip-off in my opinion), the total cost came to £57.20.
But a bargain's a bargain, and since it was a West End show I'd been wanted to see for ages, I decided to treat myself. Oh, and my long-suffering other half, of course.
Before you could say beauty school drop-out, the tickets were booked for a Wednesday night, allowing us to take advantage of Orange's 2-for-1 Pizza Express offer, too.
Dinner, drinks and tickets came to just £80 in total. Not bad for a night out in London at a West End show... and you'll be glad to know the people near us got even more bang for their buck whenever I sang along in my seat.
More 2-for-1 special offers
Here's my pick of some more awesome 2-for-1 special offers and 50% off deals, as featured in Frugal Friday over the past few weeks:
- Get 2 for 1 at Goodrich Castle in Herefordshire with this voucher from Visit the Heart. (Valid until 31 August.)
- Get 2 for 1 on burgers with this voucher from Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Valid every Sunday to Friday until 21 June).
- Get 50% off 1000s of paperbacks at Amazon
If you know of any more good ones, please post them below!